Should I purchase warranty?

Registered Member
Hi All, I am planning to purchase an NSX in a week or so(hopefully) with 65k on a 1994. Should I purchase warranty from the dealer and if so, what should I get the warranty to cover? Does anyone here have warranty that saved them a lot of money? What parts of the car should I warranty?

Depends on the dealer, on what they will sell for preowned vehicles. Sometimes what nets a better profit for them may not have the best coverages for you and your car. If they don't offer an extended warranty from Acura ASK if they have one. Aftermarket extended warranties are frequently very general and may cover a lot of components that your car doesn't have. You should attempt to obtain a warranty that covers high tech components like climate contol units and info display panels, ABS components such as modulators and accumulators, Air conditioning parts like evaporators and compressors, also general seals and gaskets. Power train is a nice piece of mind, but with the exception of cars in the snap ring range I've only had one transmission failure. (We tore that tranny apart at NSteXpo and discovered that the bearing failure was probably due to a previous owners failure to keep the fluid up)
Oh, and yes he DID have an extended warranty!

Back