Shop PPI vs. Dealer?

Not wanting to do a PPI on a 30K - 70(?K) car - yes, you're crazy. You should do it.

If it was any other shop, with the exception of very very few... I would say dealership. Since it's Shad, Shad has more experience with NSX's than all the dealerships and Acura tech's combined.

Go there. You're in good hands. Pay whatever it takes to get the most comprehensive inspections including com test, leakdown test, suspension check etc.. The worst thing that will happen is that you will know exactly what will need to be replaced if you buy the car, the best and likely thing is that, if you like the car, you can use it as negotiation with the seller since it's innevidably that something will come up, unless it's a car with < 10K miles ..

I didn't do a PPI b/c I was cheap, big mistake. While I like my car, and would have still bought it, I would have been much more educated and probably able to get it for lower.

G'luck.

I had mine done with Shad. He told me everything that was wrong with the car. He has lots and lots and lots of history with the car and is well respected among the community.

Would pick Shad again....no problem.

Actually, the techs at Niello have lots of experience working on NSXs.

Yes, you want to go to someone with a lot of NSX experience. Shad or Niello, either place is highly qualified.

Back