Shop for NSX PPI near Ponca City, OK?

Anyone know if there is a reputable NSX shop, or shop that has NSX experience near or somewhat near Ponca City, OK? I'm looking at another NSX out that way (they always come back!) but I have to get a compression test at the least, plus general PPI moreso.

Thanks!

Daniel

Ponca City is a ways from Tulsa, OK but may be worth the investment. My mechanic, Frank at 4Star Import, was the first NSX certified tech in Oklahoma and the only local guy I trust my car with. They would definitely be able to a detailed PPI for you.

If having the present owner drive it to Tulsa is feasible, 4Star's contact info is below:

4Star Import & Automotive

9906 East 55th Place
Tulsa, OK 74146

How did an NSX end up in Ponca City? Gotta be an oil guys car. Take the advice above. Get the car to Tulsa somehow. I grew up not far from Ponca City and the trip will be worth it to you.

Thanks, all. They've agreed to an inspection at buyer's expense. I'm trying to see if they'll split down the middle. Then I have to convince them to drive 200mi round trip. I'm inclined to think they won't. I've done this a bunch though, so my backup plan is to get lots of hi-res images for a visual and then if all looks good there, fly out to purchase with a compression tester in hand as a last measure for the sale. I can do the compression test myself and the rest of the PPI I can probably swing without too much trouble...to an extent. Whether they let me do that on their car myself, no clue :)

If compression is bad, it will be an awkward drive back to the closest Airport...that or they'll make me take a bus. Who knows.

What are the details on the car?

What are the details on the car?

Here's a link to a thread with the carfax history and a link to the auction: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118768

Cliff's: 1993 Blk/blk 5spd - 128k miles - No accidents - $22k buy it now with bidding up to $18k currently.

However, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I've been extrapolating information from the carfax and from the only previous owner I could track down and I've concluded the following:

- Timing belt was done at 80-90k miles, but that was in 2001 according to carfax. Meaning, it's time for a new one by years and not miles
- Seller states no mechanical issues, but I specifically asked about the window regulators and they admitted they were on the way out.
- Owner number 3 appeared to have updated registration every year for 3 years. Carfax says due to owner moving location. Thus, I can reasonably conclude it was owned by someone living in apartments and there is a high likelihood that it was not garaged during those years.
- Lastly, the carfax shows clutch replacement just after 100k miles. However, the previous owner posted on these forums a couple of times about possible clutch issues and shifting out of 1st/2nd. He owned it until 122k miles.

So there is about $5k in repairs that are likely needed. No thanks :)

Back