shipping

As some of you may know, I am in the process of leasing a 2005 Acura NSX which is going to be delivered from a dealer in Virginia to a dealer in Arizona. They are asking me to pay for shipping. Is this standard or is the dealer making the sale usually taking care of details like that? If it is my responsibility, should I get the best available shipping method (covered) or just their standard $1200 open bed method since it is not my car yet and if there were any incurred scratches or dents I could refuse the car unless they were fixed?

Just some of the questions I had...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chet

wow, 1200 is too much for open top.

maybe you should check the prices on the web of many other companies. i got open top from Las Vegas to Houston for $500 after shopping around.

NSXFreak00 said:
wow, 1200 is too much for open top.

I agree with Freak here. $1200 is too much for an open carrier. I paid $1100 for enclosed transport from Chicago to Los Angeles. The distance from Virginia to Arizona is probably within two to three hundred miles of Chicago to LA, so you should be able to get enclosed transport for about the same $1200. Do a search here and see some of the carriers that have been recommended and give them a call.

Even if the car is not "technically yours" yet, you know how hard it was to find one I am sure. Don't think you will just be able to get another one if they botch the shipping of this one. Take care that it comes in one piece.

I am guessing that they just throw out the $1200 figure and think you will just agree to it (as most people probably do). Check around and find an enclosed carrier, you will be much happier.

i would say hell no. Im sorry but if i was buying a NEW car at the dealer.. i would not pay for shipping. Thats there resposiblity. The destination charge on the sticker is what you have to pay but more $$$ for shipping. I guess its up to you.....if you think its worth paying another 1200 just to make the deal...but i think the dealer should work that out if they want to sell YOU the car. They probably can pay for it but dont want to... and want to just make more $$$$ since its coming out of there gross profit. I would find another dealer willing to take care of the shipping. thats just my option tho.

if your receiving the $799 leasing deal, than they are not making enough to pay for shipping. they are however marking up the shipping cost in your situation. for 1200 i would expect no less then an enclosed trailor w/ an elevator on the back. am i wrong :confused:

As I was searching this site I found the cheapest enclosed transport to rate at $1500 while most were found between $1800-2100 range. On the high side, there was one at $1/mile!!! Gary's transport or something, but it was very personal service which probably justified the cost.

I don't even have the car yet and it's costing me money...pfffft

Chet

Back