Shipping Lowered NSx?

anyone shipped their lowered NSX with a car shipping company? (Open truck)

Will they have the proper equipment to accomodate such low suspension car?

They are usually accustomed to shipping lowered cars depending on the caliber of the company. Call them directly to confirm. If they are adjustable you can raise it prior to shipping. Count the number of revolutions you raised it so it's easy to readjust once the car arrives. Jeff

I personally wouldnt use a open truck if It was me. I would try to find a enclosed transport with a lift gate that way you wont have to worry about negotiating any ramps.

1332-464-EXOTICCARTRANSPORT2.jpg

This is the next best option but when I used this type they still had to lay out longer boards to reduce the angle but this would be the cheaper option

Sld%20Steve%20Viper.JPG

yup I had two cars shipped one via open truck and one via closed truck. I didn't get to pick the service. The nsx was in the open one but when it got here the moron decided the car was pretty and wiped off 1800 miles of dirt with his trusty rag as I arrived. I flipped cause he basically sanded my car. My other car (recently stolen last week-see ne forum) was in closed container but when the guy got here there was a huge dent in the roof and the windshield was smashed in. I guess some furniture fell on it as those guys pack trucks with anything as they have to get paid. So bottom line, if its up to you pay $$$ and get one of those shiny car only climate car only transporters. oh to answer the question a slammed nsx can even fit open ones.

car on it's way.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=880353

car here
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1028491&postcount=8

Last edited:
Open truck is pretty dangerous... I sold a Porsche to a person on the East Coast, who used Open Truck transport, and watched the guy glaze the clutch and destroy the plastic front lip while forcing the car onto the top level.

I would highly push for enclosed transport, preferably by somebody with 'high end' experience - it will cost more, perhaps double, but it will be worth it to avoid damage, and to avoid worry while the car is being transported. Open transport companies, to make a huge generalization, also tend to be less professional.

I have transported 4 vehicles in the last five years... check http://www.uship.com, and solicit bids for enclosed transportation. I would also specify the car is modified (lowered), and special care must be taken. Prior to accepting a bid, I would communicate with the shipper to make sure they understand the car is lowered, and cannot be easily rotated around while on the truck, so they can plan their route around your vehicle.

Another option is picking the car up, and driving it home; these are reliable vehicles, I bought my 1994 in Ohio, and spent a week crossing the country without issue. Prior to doing this, I had an extensive PPI done at an Acura dealership, something you should have done whether you transport the car or not.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the input guys,

I called TotalcarShipping they mentioned that they will find a specific truck driver that can accomodate low modified cars. (I hope its true)

Also One truck, One driver rule,
Door to door.

I also asked for closed container and the Price is just tooooooooo much. I could buy a brembo sysmtem for the price. and the WAIT Time for that truck is too long.

Car is Traveling CA >>> FL that is a lot of dust when it gets to its destination hehe.

Thanks for the input guys,

I called TotalcarShipping they mentioned that they will find a specific truck driver that can accomodate low modified cars. (I hope its true)

Also One truck, One driver rule,
Door to door.

I also asked for closed container and the Price is just tooooooooo much. I could buy a brembo sysmtem for the price. and the WAIT Time for that truck is too long.

Car is Traveling CA >>> FL that is a lot of dust when it gets to its destination hehe.

Why ask advice - remember you get what you pay for. If the stories you've just head don't scare you away from small time crappy haulers and open haulers - you'll just have to take what you get. You'd be better off driving the car yourself! Good luck!

Try to avoid dealing with "brokers" which is what TotalCarShipping sounds like.....middle-men suck in the art of shipping cars as they only care to get your money.

Deal DIRECT.

I've used both Horseless Carriage and DAS and have nothing but great stories with both companies. I also have a private Concorso Italiano guy located in Pebble Beach, Carmel, CA who ships my cars if it's only traveling up/down the west coast :)

Trust me, go cheap and you're guaranteed to spend whatever money you saved to repair the car....:confused: I never understood cheapskates who want to skimp on a few bucks when your car is worth $$$$ :rolleyes:

DAS has the added advantage of being able to track the car online 24hrs a day via their GPS setup in the trucks. Plan to spend $1400-2000 for cross country shipping. Horseless Carriage is even more ~ $2400 roughly but my car was in the company of only 4 other cars (Bentley Silver Spur, Lambo, Aston Martin, and a CGT)

Do you think those owners skimp on car transports????

Back