Ship NSX to Sweden?

Looking for advise on shipping an NSX from the US to its new owner (when the funds clear!) in Sweden within the next 30 days...companies you've had experience with, recommended methods, how best to ship accessories, what to avoid, etc. Cost is not an issue, security of the car is. Thank you.

My buddy shipped his WRX to Sweden when he moved there a few years back (from CT). I just dropped him a line to see how his experience was. If I hear from him I'll put up another post.

My NSX is presently on its way to Dubai and I used the following and happy so far...

Melissa
High End Transport, INC
Miramar, FL
www.gohet.com
tel: 1-877-378-3383 ext.6

High End ship cars internationally on a regular basis so their knowledge and level of expertise is quite good. High End also booked an enclosed trailer to pick my NSX up in Salt Lake City transported it to Miami, then loaded the car up after it was cleared from customs, etc.

Shipping accessories is sometimes not a good idea due to the various individuals at ports who will have access to your car. When in doubt insure everything including the car in the event things go sour.

Last edited:
Just make sure the Russian Mafia doesn't arrive to pick up your car. :biggrin:

Usually buyer makes all arrangement's and seller just hands keys to who ever picks it up and gets receipt but whatever. Make SURE you understand how insurance works on ALL ends from moment of pickup to delivery if your assuming responsibility for shipping. Yes you will have funds but who is responsible for what until when? Get it ALL in writing to CYA.

Thanks for all the replies. I will share with the buyer.

So I spoke to my friend in Sweden who shipped his new WRX (New at the time a couple years back). He wrote this:

"Try shipoverseas.com. There was an agent there that fixed everything
The shipping line it was on was Wallenius Wilhelmsen. I don't know if you
can go direct to them or not, but it is worth a try. I also believe they are
the major transporter for both Volvo and Saab.

FYI, my car was a RoRo, for Roll on Roll off. It is cheaper, but the car is
not in a container so there is a little extra risk for damage. However, most
cars ship by RoRo, so I wouldn't be worried about it."

Now, I'm thinking the RoRo concept may not be what your looking for. I can picture the attendant sideways inside a big ship with your NSX. Not for nothing but in my younger days, I'd probably have done that too. You may want to go with the container.

That's all I got. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. I am feeding all this info to the buyer in Sweden, he gets to figure it out how to get the NSX from my house in Arkansas to his house in Sweden (and of course pay for it).

Update on the sale: Buyer's deposit is valid and the Bill of Sale with contingencies has been signed by both parties. Next up is the shipment details and me receiving the balance due. So far, selling out the the country is working out okay.

Thanks Mike. I am feeding all this info to the buyer in Sweden, he gets to figure it out how to get the NSX from my house in Arkansas to his house in Sweden (and of course pay for it).

Update on the sale: Buyer's deposit is valid and the Bill of Sale with contingencies has been signed by both parties. Next up is the shipment details and me receiving the balance due. So far, selling out the the country is working out okay.

Yup I'm on my second U.S. exported NSX and the process is really simple.

As long as one does their homework on the seller, researches a suitable transport company that can get the NSX to port and clear it through customs, then all's good.

I found one more connection. We have a forward deployed rep from Volvo Aero in Sweden at my company. He knows a person who does the container shipping for cars based in CT. I don't have information on past performance but his contact information is:

Kimmert "Kim" Tradefalt (with some accent marks I can't add properly).
860-418-9894.

If the person choses to call him the name came from Johan of Volvo Aero (stationed at Pratt & Whitney in Hartford CT). I can't recall the crazy spelling of Johan's last name.

Good Luck.

Thanks, Mike, I'll pass it on!

A new wrinkle...apparently the NSX has to have yellow rear turn
signals before it can be imported into Sweden. Do the 2002+
NSX taillights have yellow turn signals? If so, are they an easy
direct bolt-on replacement on a 2001?

The buyer wants to pay to have them installed here in the US,
ship the car, then swap back to the original lights after he takes ownership in Sweden.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

If you get stuck see if a custom import shop could do a semitransparent overlay for the lights in the right hue.

My NSX is on its way to its new owner, Bjorn, in Sweden. I was able to replace the original taillight assemblies with a new set from Acura for a 2002, so the car (a 2001) now has yellow rear turn signals, as required in Sweden. So its probably the only Monaco Blue NSX with yellow turn signals.

I hope the car arrives safely, I was not encouraged when the truck driver who picked it up from my house asked what kind of a car it was, then he signed the paperwork using the fender of the NSX !!

Back