Shift Lock Release cover confusion

The automatic-equipped 2001 NSX that I just bought is missing he cover for the rectangular shift-lock-release hole on the console. The part the Acura dealer ordered for me (54714-SLO-A61) comes with double-sided tape to install it, but that doesn't make sense. My Odyssey and Accord had snap-in covers, so you could remove them if you needed to use the shift-lock-release feature. If I use the tape, it'll be a mess to remove, then it'll be useless.

Can someone with an automatic-equipped NSX confirm that the cover snaps in, before I go back to my Acura dealer? Thank you.

The automatic-equipped 2001 NSX that I just bought is missing he cover for the rectangular shift-lock-release hole on the console. The part the Acura dealer ordered for me (54714-SLO-A61) comes with double-sided tape to install it, but that doesn't make sense. My Odyssey and Accord had snap-in covers, so you could remove them if you needed to use the shift-lock-release feature. If I use the tape, it'll be a mess to remove, then it'll be useless.

Can someone with an automatic-equipped NSX confirm that the cover snaps in, before I go back to my Acura dealer? Thank you.

what did you find on this? I need the cover myself and it is discontinued. The whole bezel shows available but no idea if it comes with that cover or not

what did you find on this? I need the cover myself and it is discontinued. The whole bezel shows available but no idea if it comes with that cover or not
MisterNSX has not been active on the forum since 2020 so I expect you are not going to get a response from him.

Back