Shark Antenna

install takes about 15 minutes. no special tools required.

I ran into two little set-backs. One was getting the old antenna off since the base requires some tool that I couldn't find. The second problem was getting that stupid nut to thread. I took the 4 stubs and scraped them on the ground to level them down though, a tip I read in some topic awhile ago.

Other than that, it's fine.

That nut was the biggest PITA when installing the shark. Other than that, I like this look better than the 15 ft pole when I'm listening to the radio.

"Everyone" that wants an exposed antenna use it.

Bro I love mine definitely beats the "falic" that comes stock. What's interesting is that the NSX-R has switch that lowers the factory antenna half mast for better aerodynamics. Of course I guess no antenna would be even sleeker:rolleyes:

NSXatGingerman.jpg

Bro I love mine definitely beats the "falic" that comes stock. What's interesting is that the NSX-R has switch that lowers the factory antenna half mast for better aerodynamics. Of course I guess no antenna would be even sleeker:rolleyes:

NSXatGingerman.jpg

Hi WingZ,

I hardly ever use the radio so i installed the "switch" so mine never raises.

Your car looks awesome in the pic, that is a beautiful color. Wait a minute, mine is the same :biggrin: :biggrin: .

In the 3 years we have had our NSX I have never listended to the radio while the car is moving. Have listened to it while parked and waiting for the wife every once in a while though.....

Hi WingZ,

I hardly ever use the radio so i installed the "switch" so mine never raises.

Did you connect the switch to the antenna side or to the stereo side? I thought about doing this, becasue I do listen to the radio 25% of the time.

I disconnected the power to my antenna so it never raises, and I still get decent reception most of the time.

That shark antenna looks pretty cool though! Definitely an attractive option to the stock antenna that makes the NSX look like an R/C car. :tongue:

Did you connect the switch to the antenna side or to the stereo side? I thought about doing this, becasue I do listen to the radio 25% of the time.
The switch is mounted to the under dash cover. It connects to the power antenna wire near the fuse box in the left kick panel. With the switch on the antenna operates just like factory. With the switch off it never raises.

More info here.

And here.

Re: Shark Attack II Antenna

Here is a pic of my NSX with the Shark Attack II Antenna. I think it blends perfectly with the styling of the car.

Attachments

• 1994NSXSharkAttackAntenna.jpg
    1994NSXSharkAttackAntenna.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,311
I just installed the "Shark Antenna" also. Three questions #1 What is the red wire for? 2# Why do I get no reception for AM channels? Hopefully problems #1 and #2 are related and #3 Off topic question...Why is the two different connectors available for the CD unit? Ken

Thanks for the help! Works great now!!

Last edited:
Here's a picture of mine. It was difficult to thread the nut because of the angle and the fact that I couldn't see it. Frankly, it was the longest 15 minute install that I ever had to deal with.

The site has instruction on how to do it on an NSX: http://www.locustom.com/nsx_install.htm

I forgot what the special tool is for in taking off the old one, I just used pliers and some screwdrivers as far as I can remember. Personally, I hated the old antenna, on two legends, one accord and my NSX, they all went bad and it just made the car look so dated.

Attachments

• NSX-rear.JPG
    NSX-rear.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 770
I just installed the "Shark Antenna" also. Three questions #1 What is the red wire for? 2# Why do I get no reception for AM channels? Hopefully problems #1 and #2 are related and #3 Off topic question...Why is the two different connectors available for the CD unit? Ken

Hook up the red wire to power as it amplifies the signal. AM channels should work after that also.

Mine with the SA.. :wink:

ds2.jpg

I don't know if you guys also happen to be brilliant photographers or if the subject matter appeals to me but Demigod, something about that picture is extremely cool.

Back