Service Costs at Other Marques

Acura is not the only marque charging hefty prices for routine maintanence. I just paid $122 for the 7500 mile service on my Infiniti Coupe, for what is basically an oil change, tire rotation and look around. Please note I'm not complaining about the cost - I decided to let the dealer look after this new car, and I'm happy with my decision. But others have complained about high prices at Acura dealers for routine service, and I wanted to make the point that Acura is not alone in this.

That sounds about right for Infiniti. The local Infiniti dealer charges about that much for my wife's G35 sedan 7.5K service. Free loaner car, though. She drops her car off on Tues, picks up the loaner, does her 120 mile round trip commute in their car, and picks her's back up the next day.

How do you like that coupe? Considering one for a daily driver as the Accord has 340K on it and can't last forever.

Charles

that sounds about right to me especially if the tires are unidirectional and they had to dismount them from the rims.

Note tires are not unidirectional on my car.

I like my Coupe so much that I'm about to sell my NSX after a decade plus of ownership. Part of this is me desiring a softer, more luxurious car, but part is simply the car is 13 years newer than the NSX.

BTW my previous daily driver was a Civic with 160,000+ miles. You won't believe how comfortable a new car is after driving something like your Accord for many years.

Soichiro,

You're making it really difficult to stay away from the Infinti dealer this weekend! :) When a long time and die hard NSX person says he'd sell for the G35 coupe, you can bet I'm listening.

From a practical point of view, I should probably pick up another used Honda for a daily driver, but I do enjoy driving alot.

I did check the last service bill for my wife's G35 sedan and the charge was $167.00 for the 37K check..with us supplying the Mobil 1 for the oil change.
It seems it was mostly inspection of stuff, and a balancing of the front wheels. I suppose the loaner car has to be paid for somehow!

rowr:
I looked at new cars for over 12 months before buying the G35C. I looked at Acura, Audi, Honda, Corvette, Toyota, BMW, Cadillac and others. I'm very happy with the car I wound up with. Good luck with your search.

Back