Seriously considering an NSX, need advice!

Hey folks! I was referred here by the folks over at nsxcb.co.uk, this site came highly reccomended:smile:

I'm considering purchasing the NSX for sale right here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...4634902234QQcategoryZ5337QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and I could use some expert advice.

I'm planning to do the following soon:
1) Standard review of the car's history via Carfax
2) Going to give my local Acura dealer a call with the VIN to see if they can give me the car's service history.
3) Find out if this is one of the plagued '92s with the snapping transmission ring problem.

Barring this, is there anything else I should look into or be aware of? I know next to nothing about NSXs, and I plan to use this car as a daily driver. I've heard that NSX's are figuratively bulletproof and extremely reliable. Is this true? I suppose I'm just paranoid that this car is being offered at such a low price with what I suppose is a reasonable amount of mileage for 14 year old car. Is this deal too good to be true?

Thanks much!

TargaFlorio said:
Is this deal too good to be true?
Considering it has a salvaged title, probably not. Even if it was a theft recovery and not damaged, it has been branded. A similar non-salvaged car would be expected to place at around $32k in today's market.

TargaFlorio said:
Is this deal too good to be true?

Thanks much!

This is no deal for a salvage titled car. Personally, I'd rather pay a little more for a non-salvage titled car with a known history from a 1st or 2nd owner.

As the others said not for a salvage title. When looking for other cars verify that the TB and WP have been done, any recent maintenance, like clutch. Since these items are $1000 and $2000 respectively they are not things to overlook when thinking about price. In addition it would be good to see if the window fix it thingys have been installed. Not sure what your budget is but you may want to keep looking.

hth,

Carl

I agree, for a salvage titled car, that is way too much money. I was looking at that car too, and its just too overpriced for what it is. I would agree that it was stolen due to the all new interior in it, but these cars dont depreciate that much with a clear title, so stick with your search and hold off on something with a clear title. Unless they are willing to drop that price 3-4k, i wouldnt spend your money on it.

1) Price - too high for salvage, would be a good deal with a clean title.
2) I wouldn't buy anything from someone who can't spell "been"!

Back