serious question ,,, seats or supercharger...

seats or boost

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for the seats bc its where you will spend most of your time in. A SC is nice. But what happens when you cant use it, like traffic situations. And i love the way itb's sound and perform.
But at the end of the day its your $, spend it how it makes you happy.

Why are you wasting money on Mugen anything... Honestly... Yeah it's good stuff but it's nothing another brand can't do for a lot less money. While it may seem kinda cool to have that name, half the people that see it will roll their eyes and think you jut overpaid for some item.

How can you compare these two items? One is total poser and one is actually for going fast.

By the way, PM me if you decide supercharger I know of a sweet deal going for a few members on the Comptech unit. maybe you can jump in with them.

I didn't vote, but I will say I sat in these seats at King Motorsports....they look great (unfortunately the're a little too tight for this big boy lol) and I think they'd look BAD ASS in a Black Nsx....plus no one has them...

What waist are you btw

arent the df seats like 5k and isn't even a real recaro at least my thinking was I can get real seats for 1k more , personally I like the recarcos and the carbon back and it's a mugen piece , yeah most guys won't understand a mugen build but I've always been a huge fan of the brand , from my em1 to eg to s2k days lol

+1 for getting both. Buy 1 seat now and a CTSC and get the second seat later lol

The seats are $6K vs. CTSC $13K after installation and more $ for upgrading your exhaust system to get the full benefit of it. So you are talking 2x-3x more for SC.And if you want both of them, the grand total will be well over $20K.
Why don't save your money to down deposit the new coming NSX? That is my 2 cents.

Actually the seats with rails and shipping And maybe tax is 8k I can score the charger brand new for a nice price way under 10k complete Also have a exhaust already..

the new Nsx never thought about it unless its gtr performance . But I'll have to wait and see it in person along with the numbers . Maybe ditch everything and get a beater Nsx

Last edited:
Power rail conversion is going to take some fabrication work. AFAIK, the DF versions only work with the NSX-R seats, which have a different bolt pattern than Recaro.

FWIW, DF claims their seats can be made to pass FIA standards: they're just not certified as such.

Otherwise, the only other seat that should be considered IMHO is the Recaro Pole Position ABE seats.

As part of a safety system, those two seats are the only ones that allow the seat belt to be used properly. Unless the Mugen MS-R seat's side bolsters in the hip area are low enough to let the seat belt to come over and actually contact your hips like the S-1 seats. Even on the S-1 seats, the contact is not 100%.

Just good luck getting either the DF or Recaro Pole Position ABE seats.

What waist are you btw

I think the poll's results speak to exactly why you should go w the seats.

Not to mention you have the perfect car for them.

Get the hood too. (DF+Paint match)

Oh and I did vote now :)

Last edited:
I actually will be the contrarian now in that I think Mugen parts are cool. They're fairly proud of their wares and that shows in their price but it there's an obvious high level of engineering and craftsmanship in their products that is undeniable. Mugen certainly isn't for everyone but to those that care, they represent the very best.

If I were to be in your position (and I wish I was), I would opt for the seats first and then get the SC.
I think the seats would be hard to source and if you have a set available it might be awhile before you can get another set.......
I wouldn't get the seats with the thought that you could sell them quickly if need be as they wouldn't be considered a investment.

What ever you do, it looks like you have a good plan for your car and I hope both options happen.

Most definately The supercharger :)

I DID put in a set of Recare Pole Position seat in my car about six months back and absolutely LOVE THEM. Even though getting in and out of the car is more difficult than before.
I did a couple of track training sessions last month and every instructor who got in the car mentioned how just PERFECT the whole seating and control position is in the NSX.

That said, I DO love the seats, but I am getting a CTSC Autorotor installed on my car right this month.
So, do yourself a favor and buy the both.

Last edited:
Supercharger! I saw those seats at King Motorsports this summer, they are nice but my smile ROI would be better served while being blown.

If you have a harness bar [plus real restraints] or are looking to put one in soon, then, seats may be best choice.
Otherwise, S/C.

I had a 95 SC and a stock 97 at the same time (still have the 97). Had to race them against each other to tell which one was faster (the SC, of course). I've had two sets of Recaros that went in a 68 2002 and 74 Alfa GTV, then moved to a CRX, Prelude and Mustang (stroker, fast). The seats transformed each car, best seats I've ever had, BUT I think the stock NSX seats are excellent. Having had a CTSC, I wouldn't consider getting another. For me, NA is best. (I said For Me). I think superchargers and turbos need to be factory, and even then, it's hard to beat (fun to drive) NA. You can probably tell I'm getting old. My motorcycles will beat any NSX, and what I spend most of my time in/on.

I think we're being punked. The "serious question" preface is like when someone says "not to be a jerk" before being a jerk. When the results of a poll like this come out with a majority saying "seats" I'll know I'm either in the wrong place...or voters are punking the OP back.

Having trouble staying in your seat while on the track? Lock the seat belts tight when you get in. If you can't do this manually...there are very cheap seat-belt lock kits available. 6-pt harnasses would also do the trick and are still significantly less expensive than a seat.

Back