selling 1994 red/black

I am selling my 1994 and have been offered 25K. She is my second car and I just don't drive her anymore! Am I crazy?
I want to sell her to the guy because he really loves the NSX but I want 28K. Help!!!

well, it depends on mileage/condition/history/maint.! ;) Give us some more details about your NSX.

1994 update

I have owned her since 2000. I replaced the clutch in 2002..ouch! 73K miles, orginal paint, never damaged or wrecked. front tires need to be replaced. Timing belt needs to be done, right?
Breaks are good, replaced them also...

Re: 1994 update

lyndabythesea said:
I have owned her since 2000. I replaced the clutch in 2002..ouch! 73K miles, orginal paint, never damaged or wrecked. front tires need to be replaced. Timing belt needs to be done, right?
Breaks are good, replaced them also...

Well, I'm not really familiar with the market right now, but I think you can get more than $28k for it. It sounds like the clutch is still good, and if it's in excellent shape with no accident history, you should get more than $30k I would think. Front tires do not play a huge factor in price, but the timing belt should have been done already. Even without the timing belt, I would think more than $30k.
I'm sure you will get more input shortly!
Regards
- Z

Mileage is above average, and maintenance is long overdue. No wonder you can't get top dollar.

As noted in the FAQ, your car's conditions place it in the "D" category, which gives it a market value of $25-30K. If it were my car, I would probably list it as "$29K or best offer", or "Asking $29K", and I would be happy to get $27K for it.

If I told the guy $28K and he offered $25K, I would probably tell him we could split the difference and have a deal at $26,500 - and if he said no or tried to counter with something lower, I would walk away.

Back