Seeking help from my NSX brothers in NYC

I'm visiting NYC Sept 21st thru 24th and the hotel that I wanted to stay at is completely booked. Can somebody recommend a safe, clean reasonably priced hotel in midtown, or perhaps another tourist friendly area... I'm willing to spend $150-$200 a night....Thanks, Mike.....

If you are looking for a midtown hotel you should consider raising your budget. Rooms in your price range are seen less often than the loch ness monster. Don't forget to factor in the NYS tax, NYC tax plus the Hotel Tax which add a considerable amount on top of the room charges. Realistically, don't expect to find much, if anything, less than $300 per night and that generally will only get you a 2 star hotel. For example, the Holiday Inn, normally considered a budget hotel, will run you $329 per night plus 13.38% tax plus $3.50 per night Occupancy Tax.

Last edited:
I'm visiting NYC Sept 21st thru 24th and the hotel that I wanted to stay at is completely booked. Can somebody recommend a safe, clean reasonably priced hotel in midtown, or perhaps another tourist friendly area... I'm willing to spend $150-$200 a night....Thanks, Mike.....

$150-$200 wont get you anything good. As Bob said, raise up your budget a bit and try Priceline.com:wink:

A good touristy hotel in a safe area is the Pennsylvania, which is right within your budget. It's located near Madison Square Garden. However, it's your basic no-frills hotel room. Very basic, and the room is on the small side (half the size of a "normal" hotel room).

A good touristy hotel in a safe area is the Pennsylvania, which is right within your budget. It's located near Madison Square Garden. However, it's your basic no-frills hotel room. Very basic, and the room is on the small side (half the size of a "normal" hotel room).

The cheapest rate listed is $259 per night and when you add on the taxes it will be close to $300. Additionally, there have been quite a lot of "horror stories" about the conditions of the rooms. See samples here and click on the "candid photos" link for some examples of what to expect.

Last edited:
The cheapest rate listed is $259 per night and when you add on the taxes it will be close to $300. Additionally, there have been quite a lot of "horror stories" about the conditions of the rooms. See samples here and click on the "candid photos" link for some examples of what to expect.

hotel-pennsylvania-new.jpg

a towel stuffed in your wall will discourage rodent infestation...
bathroom.jpg

atleast you won't hafta run far when you loose your lunch...
heater-in-room-3.jpg

flat out yuck
thanx for the headsup bub!!
nu yawk:rolleyes: goodbye citylife.

Thank you my friends for your advice. I found a midtown hotel for $234.00 per night.

Wow, that's horrible. A friend of mine stayed there a few months ago at about $120 per night. I stopped over for a bit and didn't think it was too bad. I guess he lucked out.

Back