Seeing lots of NSXs out there these days.

One of the things I like about the NSX is its rarity -- I can go a month and not see one (except my own), and I live in a target-rich environment (Silicon Valley).

The past two days, I've seen no less than *four* NSXs. I don't know if its the nice weather or an NSXPO afterglow, but it sure is nice seeing my NSX brethren on the highways.

Anybody recognize themselves here?
1) White NSX on Redwood Shores Pkwy past the Electronic Arts building (10/24 a.m.)
2) Red NSX coming up Brittan below Alameda (10/24 p.m.)
3) Yellow NSX driving northbound on El Camino in San Carlos (10/25 a.m.)
4) Silver NSX driving southbound 280 with license FUNNNSX -- I agree! (10/25 a.m.)

-Bob ('94 #496)

Yep, been seeing more and more NSXs in the bay area.

Anybody in this board?
Seen:
91-93 Red on the bay bridge early morning around 8am a few times.

94 white just before bay bridge at around 8am

9? Red at Grand Ave in Oakland.

2000 Black at Sacramento raceway (drag) that ran 14.4 sec.

And more that I don't recall

All sighting been a few months ago. exceot the Sacramento Raceway was a couple weeks ago.

The past two days, I've seen no less than *four* NSXs.

In the past week, I've seen no fewer than *EIGHTY* (80) NSX's...
biggrin.gif

I think it's a nationwide phenomenon. I've seen one NSX here in Raleigh, NC in the last year. I went to the inspection station last week and they said they had already done two red NSXs that day. I pulled out of the place and saw another one (black) within a block.

Originally posted by spartan2-3:
Bay Area NSX's,

I drive a red 93 across the baybridge but more like 9 am. Yes there are a few NSX's in the bayarea..maybe we can all meet up and go for a sunday drive.. =)
Sounds like a good idea. Please let us know if you are planning something for us in the SF area. You may want to inform us of it on the Regional Area of the Forums. In addition, many of the locals here in the Bay Area do events at various times in the year. You may want to inquire about the next event. Check out http://northwest.nsxca.org
Do you ever go to the monthly meetings held the first Saturday at Macaroni Grill in Milpitas? The group typically goes on a drive after each lunch. But a Sunday drive sounds great as well. A complete NSX weekend would be something I'm down for!

I have no idea how many West L.A. NSXers there are, but I see at least one daily (not counting my own) and often many more.

When I was down in Westminster last weekend, I saw a white one (ONENSX) parked in a busy lot that I would fear bringing my NSX into...I was in my Civic.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Originally posted by flaminio:
One of the things I like about the NSX is its rarity -- I can go a month and not see one (except my own), and I live in a target-rich environment (Silicon Valley).

The past two days, I've seen no less than *four* NSXs. I don't know if its the nice weather or an NSXPO afterglow, but it sure is nice seeing my NSX brethren on the highways.

Anybody recognize themselves here?
1) White NSX on Redwood Shores Pkwy past the Electronic Arts building (10/24 a.m.)
2) Red NSX coming up Brittan below Alameda (10/24 p.m.)
3) Yellow NSX driving northbound on El Camino in San Carlos (10/25 a.m.)
4) Silver NSX driving southbound 280 with license FUNNNSX -- I agree! (10/25 a.m.)

-Bob ('94 #496)

Actually, I think there are several NSX's in the Redwood Shores area. I believe I've seen the white one. There's also another NSX in my lot (a black one) in addition to my Red one. I've also encountered another Red one from time to time on Marine World Parkway -- so that's about 4 NSXs right there.

Originally posted by hyuan:
I've also encountered another Red one from time to time on Marine World Parkway -- so that's about 4 NSXs right there.

If the license plate said "ZIASDAD", that was me
smile.gif

-Bob

Here in Evansville, IN (Southern Indiana on the Kentucky border) I have seen two in the last 10 years (not including mine). One had a Tennessee Plate and the other was owned by the owner of Shoe Carnival (corporate headquarters are here).

NSX's are very rare around here.

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T #49
Silverstone/Black
9000 miles
No Mods

I've bumped into a few on the Microsoft campus. I believe there are between 9 and 11 floating around on this roughly 5 square mile area.

Back