Securing the panels behind the seats

The panels behind my seats are essentially glued to velcro strips and then velcro'd onto other strips on the back of the interior. The glue is starting to come off and now my passenger side panel keeps coming off. Anyone have a good solution to re-attach these in a way that is easily removable? I was thinking stapling the velcro strips would be a good way but then it would penetrate the panels and look ugly.

The panels behind my seats are essentially glued to velcro strips and then velcro'd onto other strips on the back of the interior. The glue is starting to come off and now my passenger side panel keeps coming off. Anyone have a good solution to re-attach these in a way that is easily removable? I was thinking stapling the velcro strips would be a good way but then it would penetrate the panels and look ugly.

If I understand correctly the four plastic grommets on the back of each panel are missing and someone replaced them with velcro strips?
Are the grommet holders on the back of your panels torn or unusable?
Or are you talking about the vinyl covering on the cardboard panels coming loose?

What stinks is the many do not know how to remove them properly {myself included} the first time they remove them and wind up yanking on them in the wrong place. This is usually how the grommets get torn off.

The grommets are gone I guess. The vinyl is fine the cardboard just keeps coming off. I knew it wasn't stock velcro...

The cardboard at the back can be repaired and the stock grommets used.
Find some heavy fiberboard, cut the grommet slots to the correct shape, glue the fiberboard patches in place, and you'll be fine.
It worked for several of my torn slots over the years and still holding.

Back