seating inside between t-top and non

I am 6'4 and have sat in a t-top NSX, I think it was a 200? model, I cannot drive the car stock like that. I was wondering is there any difference in height on the drivers side between the t-top and non t-top? did this change over the years? i am considering getting an NSX more now, and I still havent found a non t-top to sit in at a dealer and don't want to waste any local sellers times to just try sitting in there car to see if I fit.

Also if I was to get bride seats or some aftermarket reclining seats like that with lower rails and brackets does that lower the seat a lot?

It's very simple (and completely reversible) to modify the seat cushion by removing or replacing the foam to provide the headroom you need. Do a search on the Dali seat cushion for more info.

Also, the NSX seats are so comfortable, I'd be hesitant to replace them with an aftermarket seat.:)

but i know i dont fit in the t-top. i was told by a guy in the sale forum that both versions have the same height dimension. when i sat in a z4 roadster my head goes out of the top of the windshield. but in the z4 coupe i fit fine. thats why i ask if the non t-top had more headroom.

you get a bit more room w/ the coupes... but the difference is marginal IMO... i've owned both a coupe and now a targa... and if you're hurting for headroom by a lot in the targa, the coupe isn't going to be necessarily the solution (unless by a little).... after market seats, lower cushion,etc are all reasonable options...

thanks for everyone's help, it looks like i have to go to a meet and hope that some people there would have some of the different setups and be willing to let me sit in their car.

there should be plenty to choose from this thursday or saturday :biggrin:

Back