seasonal variation in price/supply of NSX's?

Hi all,

I'll be in the market for a 91-94 NSX sometime in the range of as early as this summer, to possibly as late as next time this year. Would anyone care to share their observations regarding whether there are seasonal variations in the price and supply of used NSX's on the market? Is there a better time to buy and/or more choice available? I'd prefer if the observation is from actual empirical experience/observation than just "in theory." Thanks in advance. This forum has been a joy to browse and I look forward to joining the community hopefully soon.

This won't "Answer" your [very good] question, but it may point to the direction to find that answer.

Earlier I dumped the data in my AnalyNSX program and discovered this:

42 1991 have an average of 69315 miles and an asking price of $29760

25 1992 have an average of 85,615 miles and an asking price of $27,627

11 1993 have an average of 62,796 miles and an asking price of $30,849

13 1994 have an average of 57,218 miles and an asking price of $34,345

6 1995 have an average of 54,037 miles and an asking price of $36,642

These data comprise 100+/- entries from July thru September from across the US. The most amazing thing I find is how closely it follows the FAQ pricing grid.

I have noticed that current asking prices, factored for year and mileage are below these averages -- sometimes considerably. Note bene, there is no way a simple computer program can factor in condition, mods, distance to travel to inspect, and any number of other variables. You can find out a lot more about this simple little program, and even down load it here

While neither a full nor perfect answer,
the observation is from actual empirical experience/observation [rather] than just "in theory."
;)

Good luck in your search. I am finding mine a lot of fun.

Yes. Its not just NSX, but cars/(sports cars in our case) vary in price and supply through out the year. (I import and sell cars)

Anyway, in a used car market, and especially for small volume cars like NSXs you dont have much choices, so just buy the one you think is right. Unless you have to buy the cheapest one available.

So basically it's sort of random. Could be any price and any amount of supply at any time throughout the year... especially for small volume car like the NSX... that makes sense.

I think everbody know that in the summer convertibles/sports cars fetch most money. And opposite in the winter.

Also you do get some cheap cars in winter cos of that, or simply cos they had an accident and want to sell.

Maybe not for exotics but in general I have noticed that the demand for cars lessen in the winter time... resulting in more supply and less demand = a drop in price.

i may be wrong :-)

Back