SE/Mid-atlantic NSXpo roll-call

ak

Legendary Member
I'm curious, how many of you from SE have signed up for nsxpo and for how long? I just signed up online but have not gotten hotel yet...

name, arrival date, leaving date, hotel status
ak, 10/7, 10/12, not yet
sig, 10/7, 10/12, yes
VBNSX, 10/7, 10/12, yes
nsxnut , 10/6, 10/12, yes
wei-shin, 10/6, 10/12, yes
Jeff A, 10/6, 10/12, yes

Last edited:
I will be attending:) As of now I beleive the plan is for the main caravan to depart in the late morning of Oct. 7. I have volunteered my house as the meeting/departure point for the SE caravan.

I will be staying at the Radisson through the end of the HPDE.

the nsxnut said:
Mark and Maria, 10/6 'till 10/12 (extra track day at the Glen :D ), hotel yes.

I keep trying to figure out why your front end looks different from mine.. did you paint your front lip??? And is it the same stock lip?

-x-

why your front end looks different from mine..

My avatar pic is from the track, where I use a Speedlingerie bra for protection. My front end is stock (aside from being lowered with track suspension), it's just under cover...

Same as Mark & Maria and Wei-Shen, driving up with them -

10/6 'till 10/12 (extra track day at the Glen ), hotel yes.

AFAIK, Don plans on going with us, as he is also confirmed at the extra track day at the Glen on Thursday.

Jeff

I hope people are just being quiet or away from prime...otherwise it'll be a lonely caravan! :confused:

BTW, does anyone want to share a hotel room? I don't mind getting a room of my own but.... I only snore after you fall asleep :D

I have shared a room with Akio at WGI and can attest that his snoring is LOUD . Not as loud as QWKSLVR's exhaust, but then again, what is?

On a serious note- who is doing the PDA event at WGI and which days? I might be in for two of the three track days (and maybe one day/night of NSXPO). Depends on if the Elise gets in or not. The delays continue...

A few of us instructor types are going to a separate track day before NSXPO to learn the track. That is the TrackMasters event, and it's sold out as far as I know. NSXPO has 2 days of their track event at WGI on Monday and Tuesday 11/11-11/12. It's about $400 for both days, I don't think they are offering single day. So I think that's your only option at this point. NSXNUT, Wei-Shen, me and Don will be at the track event for sure.

Sorry to hear you're STILL waiting for the Elise, Howard.

Jeff

TrackMasters website says their school is sold out for Wed. and Thurs. Oct. 6 and 7, but the "open track" has availability. Open Track is only for: "licensed competition drivers who generally have 50 or more days of on-track driving experience." ...so I definitely don't qualify for that.

However, PDA http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/schedules/index.jsp has THREE days at WGI, Oct. 9-11 Fri. thru Sunday. I know this is during NSXPO, but is anyone planning on doing the Friday event or others? PDA's website shows availability as of today.

NSXPO Caravans from SE and NE

Hi fellow NSXists:

I am going to be travelling an unusual path to NSXPO and wondered if there are any other NSXers I could join along the way or head out with.

I am planning on leaving Raleigh-Durham, NC..on Wednesday, October 6 in the morning and plan to spend the night around Philadelphia that night. I will continue to Watkins Glen on Thursday, October 7 from the Philly area.

Does this fit with anyone else? I am also posting this to the NE list for the latter part of the question.

Bill Harpe.

You can either caravan with the philly guys(I think there are good amount of them) or you can meet with the DC crew around Harrisburg??

In any case, I thought there were going to be more of you from DC area! :confused:

Sig is going up early too- I believe leaving on the 7th (from DC/ No. VA) The other guys from GA that were going to come through DC (see "caravan" thread on the SE forum) have now decided to bypass DC and will probably spend the night in Winchester, VA. So, we're still up in the air about a dinner in DC/No. VA. Even if there are only a few people coming through, I'm willing to try to put something together. We DC-area NSXers are just looking for an excuse!

Re: NSXPO Caravans from SE and NE

bharpensx said:
Hi fellow NSXists:

I am going to be travelling an unusual path to NSXPO and wondered if there are any other NSXers I could join along the way or head out with.

I am planning on leaving Raleigh-Durham, NC..on Wednesday, October 6 in the morning and plan to spend the night around Philadelphia that night. I will continue to Watkins Glen on Thursday, October 7 from the Philly area.

Does this fit with anyone else? I am also posting this to the NE list for the latter part of the question.

Bill Harpe.

I am leaving virginia beach on the 7th and intend on picking someone up in philly then going straight to nsxpo... we may be able to work something out here..

DCNSX said:
Sig is going up early too- I believe leaving on the 7th (from DC/ No. VA)

Not early.... on time:) The early folks will already be carving corners at the Glen by the time the 7th rolls around.

Still up for dinner the night before on the 6th.

I'm in for dinner on Wed. Oct.6th. Where? in Tysons? That is fairly central. Maybe QWKSLVR can bring his 996 (or NSX if he still has it). If we get one or two more interested, I will send out an email to the mid-Atlantic list.

name, arrival date, leaving date, hotel status
ak, 10/7, 10/12, not yet
sig, 10/7, 10/12, yes
VBNSX, 10/7, 10/12, yes
nsxnut , 10/6, 10/12, yes
wei-shin, 10/6, 10/12, yes
Jeff A, 10/6, 10/12, yes
ARYNSX,10/7, 10/12, yes

Sig, I need direction to get to your place. What time we will start driving on thursday ?
Thanks

Re: NSXPO Caravans from SE and NE

bharpensx said:
Hi fellow NSXists:

Bill Harpe.

Bill,

I am assuming you saw this thread http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=354204&postcount=15, but if not check it out and try to hook up with the caravan leaving from the Sloatsburg rest stop.

Binghamton is a bit out of the way for DC folks. For us, I think taking Rte11 to Corning is the quickest way... We can possibly join PA people at Harrisburg.

There are no rest stops in the immediate vicinity of Binghamton so you would need to pick an exit where everyone could hook up. Off hand, I am not sure as to the best location in that area. There is a rest stop further down toward Elmira where cars could hook up for the last 45-60 minutes of the trip to Corning.

As Bob stated there is no easy on-off at the Binghamton merge of 17/81.Best bet would be the first rest stop on 17 west of Bingtown.The rt 11 route looks more direct but it is slow due to single lanes and multiple towns,with enforced low top speeds.You DC guys should consider that,in choosing youre route.

docjohn said:
As Bob stated there is no easy on-off at the Binghamton merge of 17/81.Best bet would be the first rest stop on 17 west of Bingtown.The rt 11 route looks more direct but it is slow due to single lanes and multiple towns,with enforced low top speeds.You DC guys should consider that,in choosing youre route.

Woops, I think I made a mistake. From DC, the direct way is to take RTE15 all the way up(although some parts of the road are named differently). Is RTE15 single lane as well? Well, if we take I-81 to Binghamton and then take Rte17, it'll add about 75miles to the trip compared to taking Rte15. I don't mind either way. Ary or Sig...any idea?

Maybe someone from DC area who has been to Watkins Glen can comment...?

Back