Screws for stereo

Does anybody have a part number (or physical description) for the bottom two screws that retain the stereo headunit? They are not the same screws as everything else in the console. I have astoundingly managed to lose both...

A voice from the past :sleep::sleep::LOL:

He LIVES! And still has his NSX.
Stereo headunit screws? I got nuttin.

The service manual shows 4 retaining screws (2 top, 2 bottom) and the parts manual shows them as all being the same - 5x12 which I presume is M5 - 12mm long. No details on the thread pitch. Part # 93892-050-1208 which appears to be available from your dealer.

Thank you! I have the service manual but not the parts manual. Odd that in my car, the top two screws were the same as all the other console screws. Maybe the originals were previously lost...

Thank you! I have the service manual but not the parts manual. Odd that in my car, the top two screws were the same as all the other console screws. Maybe the originals were previously lost...
I just used the Amayama parts diagrams and they show all 4 mounting screws on the head unit being the same. If you have the top screws easy enough to check that the thread size and pitch works on the bottom holes. If it doesn't, no point in ordering the correct screws. Perhaps the holes got stripped out and you now have a custom one off thread size on the bottom.

When working on the center console or the center arm rest area, I use a magnetic screwdriver or one with a mechanical capture of some kind

When you drop a screw into the center console or arm rest area it is pretty much gone forever.

Back