• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Scooped Hood!

does it com with mountingg hardware?
is it a banna scoop
please email me the pix

Thanks
Terence

What mounting hardware? It bolts on to the factory hinges using four 10mm bolts. The Dali hoods are factory hoods with a scoop cut into them. Yes it is the bannana scoop. It used to be my hood and I sold it to a friend and he has just sold his car(without the hood). I will get a pic tonight and post it.

$1000 for the hood is actually an EXCELLENT price!!!

Dali charges $700 to mod the hood, but you need to send your own hood in, not to mention at least a few weeks to modify.

shipping of your own hood both ways will be close to the additional $300 and this way, you can still sell your stock hood.

Allen

X-TNSIV said:
$1000 for the hood is actually an EXCELLENT price!!!

Dali charges $700 to mod the hood, but you need to send your own hood in, not to mention at least a few weeks to modify.

shipping of your own hood both ways will be close to the additional $300 and this way, you can still sell your stock hood.

Allen

$300 to ship your hood!! :eek: I send stuff out all day long at my company and I beg to differ. How about an engine of 325lbs from FL to NY only costing $125. I think you are a little mistaken on the rates.
I guess I am in the minority then because I don't think that is such a great price. :rolleyes:
Good thing I don't need one.

The $1,000 price is not bad. When you pay the price to have the scoop fabricated into the hood and then the prep and finish work at a body shop that is required and then paint the hood. I had my hood done with the dual scoops and it cost $1,500 for the finished product.

92NSX said:
$300 to ship your hood!! :eek: I send stuff out all day long at my company and I beg to differ. How about an engine of 325lbs from FL to NY only costing $125. I think you are a little mistaken on the rates.
I guess I am in the minority then because I don't think that is such a great price. :rolleyes:

The $300 rate would be to package the hood and ship it to Daliracing (SD, CA)...and the shipping costs incurred to ship it back to the owner.

I'm guessing at least $100 each way...+ packaging. so like I said, still close to $300.

Allen

Brad said:
The $1,000 price is not bad. When you pay the price to have the scoop fabricated into the hood and then the prep and finish work at a body shop that is required and then paint the hood. I had my hood done with the dual scoops and it cost $1,500 for the finished product.
Its not a bad price if its ready-to-go... the cost of shipping the hood includes a significant portion for packaging (due to the shape/dimensions, particularly WITH the scoops).

The scooped hood reuses the stock hinges and latch, but you'll need to alter the supporting/prop bar a little -- this should be done.

If you need to re-finish, re-spray, etc, then you might have other options.

X-TNSIV said:
The $300 rate would be to package the hood and ship it to Daliracing (SD, CA)...and the shipping costs incurred to ship it back to the owner.

I'm guessing at least $100 each way...+ packaging. so like I said, still close to $300.

Allen

I know where Dali is and have a concept of shipping charges & packaging is involved.
Like I already stated, I don't need one I just that the $ was a bit high.

ScienceofSpeed JGTC GT500 Style Louvered Hood

I will have ScienceofSpeed JGTC GT500 Style Louvered Hood
for sell $650. Hood is primed and ready to paint
Hood is will be for sell in first week of August

92NSX said:

Dali doesnt quote shipping prices, but according to both SOS and Fed ex, shipping on any hood to NORTH Florida would be at least $147.89. UPS was even higher, the cheapest being truck freight was at least $125(estimate from Con-Way). THESE PRICES ARE EACH WAY. So ,if you were to try to buy a Dali hood, you would spend at least $250, but more than likely $300, plus you would be without your hood for at least 2 weeks and thats if Dali could get to it right now with everything else they are doing. Add in the cost of prep and paint and the cost of the mod from Dali and you are WAY over $1000, plus you cant resale your factory hood to regain some of the money spent. Basically I'm giving the buyer a FREE hood after they sale the factory that they already have. All the buyer is really paying for is the $700 for the mod and $300 for the shipping. NO CHARGE FOR THE HOOD!! Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but it doesnt really matter b/c its not even my hood. I was just helping a friend out.:rolleyes: Oh well, I just hate to be accused of over pricing.

SNDSOUL said:
Basically I'm giving the buyer a FREE hood after they sale the factory that they already have. All the buyer is really paying for is the $700 for the mod and $300 for the shipping. NO CHARGE FOR THE HOOD!! Sounds like a pretty good deal to me,
Ac tually it's even better than this - no charge for the paint.
Anyone who recognizes & crunches the numbers knows this is an excellent deal - I'd definitely have it myself if I had the spare $$$$!
Even w/o shipping this is pretty close to the value of just having the modification done on your OWN hood - this gives you a modded hood, plus allows you to sell original, or keep it if wish to return to stock some day.

D'Ecosse said:
Ac tually it's even better than this - no charge for the paint.
Anyone who recognizes & crunches the numbers knows this is an excellent deal - I'd definitely have it myself if I had the spare $$$$!
Even w/o shipping this is pretty close to the value of just having the modification done on your OWN hood - this gives you a modded hood, plus allows you to sell original, or keep it if wish to return to stock some day.

Ken, I would also agree with you. I have the Dail 2 scoop hood and after I added up the total amount I have in the hood it totaled to around $1595.00, which would include the mod from Dali $600, shipping $132, metal prep. work $513, painting $350.
I wish this one was available when I was looking for a hood.

Gary

Back