ScienceofSpeed Supercharger System - 460 whp @ 10.2 psi

hi guys --

We recently made some changes to our car and finalized the tuning. The car has our standard supercharger system mounted on a 3.3L (close to stock compression ratio). At 10.2 PSI, the car produced 460.2 whp and 339.5 wtq. The compressor is really a great match for these engines and makes the car feel like it has small block V8 torque producing 8 psi at only 3000 RPM. Instant power as soon as you step on the gas, it is what the NSX always needed.

You can find details on the system here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/supercharger/

Cheers,
-- Chris

ScienceofSpeedNSX-hptq.gif

ScienceofSpeedNSX-pressure.gif

engine.jpg

NSX.jpg

There are lots of other dynos on the website which are all 91 octane pump gas. The 100 octane was ran at the track for the extended high load operation the engine sees. Based on prior tests 100 octane vs 91 was probably worth around 5% increase in power for this application.

Cheers,
-- Chris

nice, but what about the shitty 91 oct gas we have to run up in vegas

What?!?! :confused: Every other Rebel gas station has 100 octane race fuel. There has got to be at least 12 gas stations you can get 100 octane, not including all of the 100+ you can find at tuning shops and at the raceway. What do you think I feed my beast?

What?!?! :confused: Every other Rebel gas station has 100 octane race fuel. There has got to be at least 12 gas stations you can get 100 octane, not including all of the 100+ you can find at tuning shops and at the raceway. What do you think I feed my beast?

lol i only feed mine 91..... :)

lol i only feed mine 91..... :)

Well if I want to go 91, I push a dial, adjust the boost, fill with 91 and have at it. When I want to feed the monster a higher grade food, I just push a dial, fill with 100, and unleash the fury. It's nice to have options.... :wink:

Chris,

On a Dynapak dyno, my 91 with autorotor, ams standalone, meth injection, etc has put down 380 whp with a "high boost" pulley that according to the dyno showed 7.2 lbs of boost. This was on a 90+ degree Florida day. I am told this is unusually high for my setup but several pulls showed between 376 and 380 whp.

Toward the end of this year, I am thinking about doing your 3.3 litre stroker kit plus I would like to add either one of Shad's aftercooler's or perhaps another equivalent product. I am also interested in possibly adding a set of Comptech adj cams.

Can you provide me your opinions/thoughts on cooling (inter, after, etc.) in terms of your opinions and what's available? I would also like your thoughts on the cams? Your opinion on the costs/benefits of doing a more comprehensive motor refresher on my now 92k mile 3 liter (about 35k have been with CTSC, cyl compression is very much equal currently). Also, interested to know your thoughts on a Q45 throttle body vs yours? Finally, your opinion on the virtues and benefits of lowering compression would be appreciated.

My goal is to achieve about 465 whp on pump 93 octane gas with my basic setup (ie no interest in completely changing diretcion to turbo for ex). Thanks

Last edited:
Chris,

On a Dynapak dyno, my 91 with autorotor, ams standalone, meth injection, etc has put down 380 whp with a "high boost" pulley that according to the dyno showed 7.2 lbs of boost. This was on a 90+ degree Florida day. I am told this is unusually high for my setup but several pulls showed between 376 and 380 whp.

Toward the end of this year, I am thinking about doing your 3.3 litre stroker kit plus I would like to add either one of Shad's aftercooler's or perhaps another equivalent product. I am also interested in possibly adding a set of Comptech adj cams.

Can you provide me your opinions/thoughts on cooling (inter, after, etc.) in terms of your opinions and what's available? I would also like your thoughts on the cams? Your opinion on the costs/benefits of doing a more comprehensive motor refresher on my now 92k mile 3 liter (about 35k have been with CTSC, cyl compression is very much equal currently). Also, interested to know your thoughts on a Q45 throttle body vs yours? Finally, your opinion on the virtues and benefits of lowering compression would be appreciated.

My goal is to achieve about 465 whp on pump 93 octane gas with my basic setup (ie no interest in completely changing diretcion to turbo for ex). Thanks

Those are great numbers otherwise but 465? Not going to happen unless you lower the compression, at the least. Keep in mind SOS's motor is a 3.3 with lower compression and potentially other components. It is not a represenative of the average 100K stock 3.0 or 3.2 that are runnign around.

BTW: What A/F's are you running?

Chris,
Any plans to get this kit CA CARB legalized? I have a feeling that every state will be brought up to those standards very soon. Hopefully they would grandfather in existing products but you never know.:frown:

A/F's solidly under 12 throughout the range.

I agree about the lower compression and I also appreciate that Chris' 3.3 is not representative of simply 10% more displacement.

Still, my hope is with lower compression, if I can increase measured boost from 7.2 lbs to perhaps just at or under 10 lbs, then add .3 liters of displacement (ie 10%), comptech cams and lower IAT's with an aftercooler, and a solid tune, another 65-80 whp does not seem implausible.

hi guys --

Mike Spec's review of the ScienceofSpeed NSX in the July issue of Modified Magazine is on bookshelfs now. Take a look!

The next issue will also cover the Modified Magazine Tuner Shootout that we competed in.

Cheers,
-- Chris

NSX_1.jpg

Last edited:
I am based in Ireland. Would you build and send me an nsx engine NA tuned (or the components) for occaisional road use, how much would it cost for the options up to 3.8, and what power and torque figures will they make ( we have 97RON fuel here)?

I am tempted with the FI options but am very interested in this route, as I am thinking of buying a turbo car to work with also like a GTR or similar.

Many thanks

jamie

Back