• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed introduces Speed Engineering Sliding Seat Mounts

seatmount_800.jpg

ScienceofSpeed introduces the Speed Engineering Sliding Seat Mounts - the best way to fit aftermarket side mount seats into the NSX.

The sliding mounts allow the seats listed as well as most other aftermarket seats to be installed into the NSX. The seat mounts including seat belt mounting brackets designed to place the seat belt in the correct factory angle position.

Compared to our prior design, the Speed Engineering Sliding Seat Rails offers several advantages:
  • lighter & more rigid - by incorporating radiused brackets, the assembly is lighter and more rigid
  • highly adjustable - the seat mounts will allow wide seats like the Recaro Pole Position and narrow seats like the Recaro SPG seat to fit. In addition, the mounts are universal between the driver and passanger side of left hand drive NSX
  • low seating position - especially designed for track use, the mount allows most seats to sit all the way down on the carpect for maximum head room / helmet clearance in the NSX
  • NSX-R seat compatible - the NSX-R seat has a completely different mounting pattern, and the seat mount is now designed to be compatible with these seats

The Speed Engineering Sliding Seat Mounts are laser cut and CNC bent for exacting precision. Lightweight materials, like the aluminum pull handle where used when possible to produce the lightest rail possible.

regards,
-- Chris

Last edited:
We are offering an introductory discounted price of $279.95 until 3/15/10. Please place your order online (you will be refunded back the difference) or give us a call to complete your order.

thank you,
-- Chris

is this for one seat rail or 2?

Yes, these are designed to work with the factory seat belt brackets as long as your seat is designed to work with a 3-pt factory style belt. We'll post some more photos with the seat belt brackets attached soon.

-- Chris

Chris

How much do the rails weigh?

Chris stated before
I measured a set today, they are 12.5 lbs. That's before powdercoat, but that should only add a negligible amount of weight. These are about 1.5 lbs lighter than the mounts we used to sell.

regards,
-- Chris

Chris,

a friend of mine from Switzerland sent you an email last week (i don't know what day) about these rails... he needs a set (driver and passenger) very urgent, for Recaro Pole Positions... please do answer his email....

Thanks,
Nuno

Chris,

thanks... can you please also send to my email ([email protected]) all the steps and info on payment, address, etc, for them buy the rails?

i ask you this, because they had a very limited english understanding, and i can just give the info to them so they understand it clearly.

Thanks,
Nuno

Chris, with the Recaro pole positions and these mounts, do the seats sit higher/lower then OEM, or the same? Thanks,

Signficantly lower (about an inch lower with the cushion and 2 inches with out). These rails can put the Recaro seat so low that it touches the carpeting.

-- Chris

Chris,

thanks... can you please also send to my email ([email protected]) all the steps and info on payment, address, etc, for them buy the rails?

i ask you this, because they had a very limited english understanding, and i can just give the info to them so they understand it clearly.

Thanks,
Nuno

Sorry, I don't know who you're specifically referring to. For a quote, would you please e-mail us at [email protected] for which products and the address for shipping?

Signficantly lower (about an inch lower with the cushion and 2 inches with out). These rails can put the Recaro seat so low that it touches the carpeting.

-- Chris

I'm noticing the adjustable holes, at which position is the seat height similar to OEM? Or, are you saying that even at the highest setting, the pole position sits an inch lower then OEM?

Reference Pic:

seatmountNSX-R_800.jpg

The photo you showed is of the NSX-R seat, which does not have the same bolt pattern as the Pole Position.

The Pole Position at it's lowest setting can sit down on the floor. This can be raised higher if needed - about the same height as a stock seat.

-- Chris

Back