• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of Speed Problems

Anyone have any problems ordering from Science of Speed, this is my first time and I must say it's been a long time and I still haven't received my NSX car cover. Don't get me wrong, they're really nice over the phone but it would be nice if someone would email me or call me and let me know what's up.

I ordered the car cover on Nov. 25th and still haven't heard anything from it.

Everytime I call it's like... yeah, next week, yeah next week... they sure have no problem taking the money out of my account, usually companies wait for the item to be shipped before they bill if the item is on backorder, correct?

I do not know much about Science of Speed and I'm not really trying to talk trash about them, I am just wondering if this is how they normally conduct business?

I ordered their cover too and they were out of black at the time so I had to wait as well. When I called them though they were honest and said it might be a few weeks. They only billed me for half up front and the rest when it shipped which is understandable. It was probably a few weeks from when I ordered it til they shipped but were good at estimating when they'd have it to send out.

ALways had good service from SoS.

There probably very busy, they just had a couple of specials so there probably swamped. I ordered a car cover as well and recently recieved it, along with a bunch of other parts. Call again and talk to Jeff or Chris. There not usually like that.

i never had any problems with SOS
they are one of my VERY trusted merchants

i suggest to call them back and see whats the ETA. Also try to have s single point of contact @ SOS on your purchases.:smile:

pls remember when you place an order ask for your SALE# before hang up with them so in the future if u ever need to call back or followup in a specific purchase it can speed up the look up proccess.:smile:

cheers

Skafia,

Sorry for the delay in your oder we do apologize. You ordered on the 25th which was a Saturday of Nov and we processed it on the 27th of Nov. You placed an order from our online site and paid bye PAYPAL so when you pay through PAYPAL it automatically takes it from your account whether we have it in stock or not. We did not have the item in stock at the time of your order but we do have them coming in. Beings its a special order stretch car cover for the NSX it usually takes around 6-8 weeks to make them beings the NSX is a rare car that they do. If you needed it right away the best thing to do would call to check stock before ordering, beings our website doesnt have up to date stock checks available. I will be more than happy to refund you in full if you like, or i will upgrade the shipping to AIR for you as soon as they arrive that way you will have it sooner than ground shipping. Please call and let us know what you would like to do. As of right this second im waiting on a phone call from the manufacturer on the exact date of arrival. I will update you as soon as i hear. Any questions please feel free to call.

Perhaps the next thing in their to do list is real-time inventory. I know they keep developing cool stuff for the NSX but sometimes you just don't know if the order went thru or what. Not ragging on SOS...I love them...but just suggestions to make their website more user-friendly.

I just spoke to somebody today and the car covers were still "on their way." See, the thing is, I don't mind waiting for something but when I ordered it I was not told it was on backorder. And if I had not called in I wouldn't have found out that the item was on backorder and it would take 6-8 weeks. Nobody called me, or emailed me in saying so.

I was supposed to receive a phone call today from Josh I believe. He was supposed to find out if in fact they were going to arrive today or anytime soon. I told him I wanted to cancel my order but he said I couldn't cancel until Jeff gets back, he does the cancellations. Apparently, Jeff never returned from the Dyno, and Josh never found out about the shipment because I never received a phone call.

Regarding the payment, I payed under the assumption that the item was in stock and ready to ship. It would be great if you guys updated your website so show the stock of a certain item, I believe DaliRacing has that feature. I know that this is a custom car cover made especially to fit the NSX so it takes time in producing, well... I was told that you guys normally have this cover in stock and when things run LOW, you purchase more in bulk. Well... I guess it's my luck that when I ordered you apparently ran all out.

So the bottom line is... did you receive them yet, if not, when will they arrive?

If I can send out a pair of shoes for $30 and provide a tracking number, why wouldn't you get a tracking number for $179.95 x (who knows how many you guys order) car covers.

If in fact the car covers are still being shipped and you will get them in the next few days, I will keep my order. I waited this long, another week won't hurt. You need not upgrade my shipping to AIR, but I just noticed that the tote bag to store the car cover is $19.99 extra. I guess I overlooked it, can you throw that in for free?

Thanks.

I'm sorry, we do not currently have these in stock. The manufacture is unfortunately very difficult to work with on getting us product in time (our last batch has been on order for 7 weeks).

I'd be happy to refund your money, and if you'd like to check with us later to see if they are in stock, we can then send one out then.

take care,
-- Chris

This is by far the worst shopping experience I have ever encountered, especially from a company that is highly advertised on NSXPrime.com.

Apparently when placing orders for these car covers from the manufacturer, SoS cannot get a tracking number, and they cannot get a straight answer from the manufacturer if they've been shipped or if they're still being created.

I see their stance on things, rather than work with a customer to provide satisfaction, or getting to the bottom of things to give the customer a straight answer, they've decided just to refund my money and not deal with it anymore.

Sos does the best they can and its a real good job.
Shit happens from day to day and I see your concerns.
They have my engine and are treating me like gold.
They rely on other shops and suppliers so sometimes things get out of control.
Sometimes they are busy and I have to call back or someone went to Hawaii for a well deserved Vacation and I have to wait to get the facts. But in the end, I always get what I need or want.
Just my 2 cents.
Hey Chris, since my rods are taking so long, can I get the 3.8 litre sent instead?
Trev

To Fellow Memebers, This IS A ISOLATED incident, I talk to Chris DAILY and order parts for all the NSX's we work on here at Daisy Import Auto care in MD. ; and have been treated very well , Please remember that these cars are rare and sometimes it takes alittle more time to get stuff and some things are special made for the cars . Ben

Shakfia-

Wow, have a beer and relax; it is a car cover. SOS is tops when it comes to customer service-I have bought several items from them and never had any problem at all.

I do not know about assuming something is in stock just becasue they sell it on their site. I believe it would have been a good idea to actually call and check inventory if this item were needed 30 minutes ago :)biggrin: ) to make sure you got it when you needed it.

Oh well, if I could give you my cover to hold you over in the interim I would. Good luck.

This is by far the worst shopping experience I have ever encountered, especially from a company that is highly advertised on NSXPrime.com.

Apparently when placing orders for these car covers from the manufacturer, SoS cannot get a tracking number, and they cannot get a straight answer from the manufacturer if they've been shipped or if they're still being created.

I see their stance on things, rather than work with a customer to provide satisfaction, or getting to the bottom of things to give the customer a straight answer, they've decided just to refund my money and not deal with it anymore.

Sorry you feel this way. I have ordered many things from SOS over the years and have always had a very positive experience. Some times things are out of there control. When things go wrong the real test is how they deal with it. They have always made things right.

Later,
Don

Later,
Don

I totaly have to agree SOS is a great company and ive only ordered a few small things there were very quick and on time. Although like this guy one the items I ordered they ended up refunding me because it wasnt in stock after all..... SOS is a successfull business and this rarely happens. Although when stuff like this did happen since its such a rare occasion. I would go far out of the way to make the customer happy with a mega discount. But thats just me!:biggrin:

Back