• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Science of Speed NSX

This is coming to the show. I plan on attending with other NSX owners. SEMA Los Angeles Saturday 4/26/2003
front_straight.jpg

new_front_quarter.jpg

new_rear_quarter.jpg

Tan

Looks nice. Can someone tell me the type of wheels those are? TE37's or the TE37 Limited? Sizes? and tires/sizes? I like the way the back tire fits the wheel. Small side wall, looks good in my opinion!!!
Regards
Z

Unfortunately, the car will not make it. Turns out it is too wide now for my trailer. I'll be flying in on Sat for the show. Look foward to meeting everyone...

The body was done by Cantrell Studios. The parts will be available soon. The new parts (bumper, fenders, rockers, quarter panels, etc.) will be manufactured with high tolerances exceeding the quality of existing aftermarket body panels for the NSX. They will include molds & tooling manufactured from high strength and low-dynamic epoxy that will eliminate the problems with parts not fitting straight due to warpage of the mold. They will also have carbon fiber inner reinforcement to elilminate the flex of FRP parts and carbon Kevlar reinforced wear areas (ie. splitter) that are replaceable

The wheels are Rays Volk TE-37 in 18x8.5, 19x10.5.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I said it before, and i'll say it again... a white car with white rims... absolutely beautiful.

<B>...too wide now for my trailer</B>

the best inconvience imaginiable!
how wide is it compared to a 360?

chris, can those yoktoa wide fenders fit on a stock 91 nsx? or do I need to buy a wider front bumper to make it fit?

thanks

The mods look absolutely fantastic. Too wide for the trailer - that's great.!

I saw the SOS NSX today when i dropped my NSX off at Basch Acura. Mark had not made it to the shop yet so his wife Jane showed me the car. I thought the pictures were cool but to see it in person was even better. They are still working on the car but it was gorgeous. I have never seen a NSX with individual throttle bodies and it looked impressive. I love the headlights with the wider body and I also love the TE-37's. They look great on the car and of course are huge :) Hopefully we'll see this car running soon :)

is it possible to get the same look of the these white volk wheels without the wide body, because when I saw these on other nsxs not white but a green one [kenjimr (I think)] the wheels look flat and not deep dish at all. I want to know if 18x10s will look the same or close to the same on a nonwide body.

Ponyboy said:
Volk TE-37's, 17x8.5 front, 18x10.5 rear, no wide body.

aaf.jpg

very nice ponyboy!!! what do you have for mods that lowered your car? What are the offsets? How much do they cost? Do they cost more in white? do your tires rub at all? What size wheels do you have? Sorry so many questions.

Koni/Eibach setup. 17x8.5 40mm fronts and 18x10.5 45 rears. Mark at Dali could give you a better idea of current cost. Here's an idea though...

TE37's

I wouldn't think they'd cost more in white but you could ask Mark. No more rub after bashing the innner fender well a bit but that was only on full lock. No worries! ;)

Ponyboy... that's a NICE photo. Too bad about the Mazda in the background... but still a nice nice track photo. Wide NSX's a nice, but stock is still the most sexy for me. :)

Kenji, I'm not sure and I haven't asked but I do know that the Stoptech caliper will clear it. I'd ask Chris for a definitive answer. I didn't even bother with the fender liners. I took them out and sprayed rubber undercoat in the wheel well. Seems to work great and made everything black as night under there.

Neo, thanks! But don't underestimate those Miatas - they can be scarey fast. One of my buddies corners as well as I do at the very least. They may not have as much hp as the NSX but you just fling them into the corners.

Hey Shawn (Ponyboy), your car looks great!! I'm thinking of going with the TE-37's, which would give me a setup similar to yours. Does the car track well with your sizes??? thanks.
nik

In the first picture you can clearly see that the car has the SoS race hatch with duct. It is unpainted or painted black.

In the last picture there's a decent shot of the rear, but I can't seem to find the roof scoop... It kinda disappeared. Anyone else notice this?

new_rear_quarter.jpg

Back