Schumacher segment on 60 Minutes Tonight

Michael Schumacher will be featured in a segment on 60 Minutes II tonight on CBS.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

I dont think he was a prick at all he just told it like it is IRL most definately is a step down from F1.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Originally posted by Steven Spanbauer:
I dont think he was a prick at all he just told it like it is IRL most definately is a step down from F1.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Three steps down.
wink.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I dont think he was a prick at all he just told it like it is IRL most definitely is a step down from F1.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Three steps down.
wink.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I dont think he was a prick at all he just told it like it is. IRL most definitely is a step down from F1.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Three steps down.
wink.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Sorry about the multiple posts. I thought I found a way around editing my message. I was wrong.
frown.gif

Even I don't think the IRL is 13 steps down from F1 (did I mention that I do think it is about 3 steps down?)
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Here is my personal hierarchy of auto racing:

1. Me in my NSX (even if its just parked
biggrin.gif
)
2. Formula 1
3. CART
4. ALMS
5. Formula Atlantic
6. TransAM
7. IRL
8. Grand Am
9. SCCA Amateur Racing (My Brother and I race Formula 500 Nationals)
10. Hooters Cup/Pro Formula Ford 2000
11. NASCAR
12. Any Dirt Track Racing*
13. Drag Racing
99. Street Racing

*Note: Rally is not on the list (nor is SCCA Solo or Land Speed Record driving) because I personally don't consider going against the clock as "racing". However if we are going on driving skill and car control, I would rank the WRC drivers just under the F1 guys (and even ahead of me in my NSX
biggrin.gif
).

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Hmmm. . .

1. Me in my NSX
2. Speed World Challenge GT and Touring
3. F1
4. CART
5. TransAm
6. Rally
7. ALMS
8. GrandAm
9. NASCAR (qualifier: it has to be a road course)
10. IRL

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
Hmmm...

I forgot about the Speed World Challenge GT and Touring.
redface.gif
I would rank them just below TransAm on my list. I like all the different makes and models in that series but I absolutely HATE "reward" (read penalty) weight added to cars based on performance in the previous race! I don't like the fact that each model of car (instead of class) has a minimum weight, but I think it is ridiculous to penalize a man because he drove better (and this isn't just sour grapes over PD Cunningham not winning last year). Last year there was talk of drivers who didn't get a good start dropping back and "writing off" a race in order to lose the weight for the next race. I have a fundamental problem with that type of rules formula. The rules package that starts the year should be required to end the year, IMO.

P.S. I didn't include F3000, British F3 or Japanese or British Touring Cup in the list because I dont get a chance to see those races.

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I agree to a degree. I hate the penalty too and think it'd be better if they kept the "rules package" static. But I love this series! It's about as exciting as they come and those touring cars are so closely matched, most of the time, that they are always bumper to bumper. And the good drivers really seem to distance themselves from the pack.

Did anyone see the Austrian Grand Prix? Barrichello let Schumacher by at the end. That sucked.

[This message has been edited by ak (edited 12 May 2002).]

Originally posted by ak:
Did anyone see the Austrian Grand Prix? Barrichello let Schumacher by at the end. That sucked.

[This message has been edited by ak (edited 12 May 2002).]

Yeah I saw it. I would like to commend Ferarri on taking the "race" out of racing and the "champion" out of championship.

Addendum to Ruben's Contract Found!!!!

1. You will refer to Ross Brawn as "Furher" and make appropriate gestures as you walk into the pits. You must also refer to Michael Schumacher as the "Kaiser."

2. You agree to have your F2002 serviced using parts from abandoned Yugos, Pintos, Pacers, and Gremlins.

3. In the throes of passion, your wife will be required to yell out the name "Michael."

4. At anytime in the future, any awards won by your children will immediately be sent back to the jeweler to have the nameplate replaced with a 24k Gold "Schumacher" Family Crest.

5. While driving around town, you will not be allowed to be the first car stopped at a traffic light. As this may give you the false belief you are in pole position, and therefore allowed to beat all other cars to the next light.

6. You agree to pick up the soap in the FI Paddock shower if Michael ever drops it, avoiding him any discomfort in his "cockpit seating area."

7. You agree to keep a brick under the accelerator in case you feel the strange need to "open 'er up" on track.

8. You agree to be Ross Brawns' caddy in celebrity F1 golfing events, and to help Brawn push Sir Frank Williams into the pond in order to crush the Williams' team spirit.

9. You agree that all children fathered by you are actually conceived in a lab using the geneticially superior German bloodline of Michael Schumacher.

10. You agree to fill your own tires during pit stops with an old fashioned hand pump.

11. When celebrating a team win at a buffet, you'll always be required to stand in line...second to Michael Schumacher, as not to give you the hope you may actually finish anything ahead of him.

12. You agree to have your right eye poked with sticks in order to severely limit your depth perception, making you think you're crossing the finish line first.

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
Hmmm. . .

1. Me in my NSX
3. F1
4. CART
5. TransAm
6. Rally
7. ALMS
8. GrandAm
9. NASCAR (qualifier: it has to be a road course)
10. IRL

I am surprised no one mentioned Austrailian V8 Touring Cars... Speedvision used to broadcast their races. This was a really exciting series with a lot of bumper-to-bumper road course racing.

Phil

------------------
integra.gif

Back