• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

scaransx - very bad seller, buyers be aware!!

Hi,

i bought the NSX-R intake manifold cover & plate that he was selling on this thread.

24 Jun - I paypalled him the money
25 Jun - He PM'd me saying he would ship next day

i never heard from him since Jun 25.

11 Jul - I received a email from Paypal informing me that he had electronically started the shipping. Tracking number is CJ266300978US (USPS)

shipping status never changed, as you can see, and now has been over a entire month since payment.

This thread, and the PM i'm sending to him right no, is my last attempt to get this resolved... i'm a very patiente and understanding guy, but i find this 100% lack of communication is a completely disrespectfull.

I will give him 1 week starting today to solve this, if not, then i will use my 45 day Paypal period to complain.

Ohhh... so you all know... all the packages i received from US through USPS, never took more than 10 days to enter Portuguese customs (usually 5 or 6 days).

Thanks,
Nuno

sometimes if the shipper doesnt go directly to the USPS office, but to a contracted USPS outlet, they still have tracking, but the tracking doesnt show a change in status until it is actually delivered to your physical house.

USPS offices have crazy lines, thats why it really turns off people from shipping international. but thats the only way to get your tracking electronically scanned correctly and show up online. i just have to schedule a good day and time where i know i will beat people to the front of the line. lines are usually anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. worst times are christmas. people are always mailing stuff, wedding invitations, birthday invitations, holiday cards, dont forget everyone and their mom's dropping off packages they sold off to ebay and NSXprime :rolleyes:

the downside to the USPS outlets is that their international tracking sucks because the labels dont really get scanned the same way, but the lines are really short.

this is just all from my own experience.

I have bought recently stuff in the US shipped with USPS, and indeed, you do get a tracking, but it never changes from exact the status you see. It arrived, but took some time.
Whenever something goes international, tracking gets lost. Try UPS if you want full tracking, but be willing to pay.

Sometimes i get stuff from the us with USPS in a few days, sometimes it teeks weeks.

Hi,

until this package, i could track all USPS packages someone sent me from US... i see on USPS site when it arrives at portuguese customs warehouse, then i just go there the next day with the tracking number to get the package... i don't need to wait for their contact.

And some packages had different shipping options... i notice that by the tracking number itself, and by the stickers glued on the package (after it arrives) but i could track them all...

i'm worried with this...and as i said...since Jun 25, complete blackout...no news...i don't know if the guy is alive or not...

Nuno

Hi,

last thursday, Aug 05, i opened a dispute in Paypal, and 5 days after still nothing from him.

I think i'll have to escalate it to a claim, and i'm seriously considering doing it well before the 20 days period ends.

I think that he won't contact in any way, and i will be loosing money even if Paypal refunds me, because i made 2 payments and one of them, by my mistake was as Gift, and i can't dispute this types of payment.

I wonder what crosses ones head to cheat others like this ...

the total was $325 ($225 + $100)

:frown::frown:

Nuno

Hi,

paypal just decided the claim on my favour, however, they said that they could not give my money back because the seller's account didn't had a single cent.

They also said that they would still try to contact him, with possible consequences to his paypal account.

He still logs on Prime, his account shows that he last logged in on 09-07-2009 02:47

so, to resume all... Primer SCARANSX scammed me on $325.

His info is:
Name: Daniel Roberts
email/paypal: [email protected]
Address: Honolulu, Hawai

So... buyers be aware...

Thanks,
Nuno

Back