Saying Hello

Hey there, I've been posting for a bit so I thought I should introduce myself.

I'm Joel, I'm from the Toronto, Ontario area...If you're on Honda-Tech at all you probably know my screen name. I moderate the prelude forum there.

Anyways I'm onto a new project, ALL MOTOR NSX BABY! I was going to pull 250whp on my H22a this year with ITBs a full standalone and some new stuff, but I decided it was time to take on a new project instead. Seems there isn't enough badass all motor nsx builds, so between myself and my engine builder Brian at Top Power Racing/Top Notch Auto we're planning to turn out the BIGGEST, BADDEST NSX you've ever seen on the street! :D

Looks like the SOS guys are doing to same thing, so I'm excited to see their results...

Anyways I'm selling off my old car, the 4th gen prelude. I thought I'd share some pics of the work that was done, it was a 2.3L 12:1 CR monster...we'll be doing the same kind of work on the NSX over the summer, can't wait!

Old pics and engine build stuff:
Zaino_01.JPG

5bolt_03.jpg

h22acomplete2.jpg

Dyno Video http://satan.higginstribe.com/nov18dyno.mov
Dyno Graph hehe that's like 91-96 NSX numbers :)
dyno55.jpg

Well hope you enjoy, I'll be around I guess.

satan_srv said:
Anyways I'm selling off my old car, the 4th gen prelude. I thought I'd share some pics of the work that was done, it was a 2.3L 12:1 CR monster...we'll be doing the same kind of work on the NSX over the summer, can't wait!
Hi Joel, welcome to Prime. I used to own a '96 SR-V as well. Great car bone-stock but I imagine it would be a riot modded up to that level of power. Did you bore it out to 2.3L or did you do a bottom-end swap with a 2.3L from the SR?

Re: Re: Saying Hello

CokerRat said:
Hi Joel, welcome to Prime. I used to own a '96 SR-V as well. Great car bone-stock but I imagine it would be a riot modded up to that level of power. Did you bore it out to 2.3L or did you do a bottom-end swap with a 2.3L from the SR?

The car is an SR-V...two years ago though I did an H23 VTEC just for fun...it didn't last too long though...about 15000 into it we cracked the crank and wrote off an entire darton sleeved block :mad: here's some pics...it's pretty intense! http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290532631

That taught me to never knife-edge a honda crank...well not a big one anyway ;)

Anyways after that we went back to H22A, got a block from a 99 (in the pics) sleeved it and bored out to 89mm to stay at 2.3L...90.7mm crank, endyn rollerwave pistons, crower rods.

Yeah the NSX will be quite a project...probably take a long time though.

nice to see another prelude owner on the board.

I think the same kinda people who own preludes would want to own NSX's.

both are great suspension cars, both do not really get too much respect from the ladies as much as they should.

I noticed mostly drivers own NSX's and prelude's not posers =)

Welcome.

Nice Lude!

Preludes are great cars! I should know--my 96 VTEC is my daily. These cars are seriously underappreciated! An in-law blurted out "chick car" when I told him what I drove, and all I could say was, "You wouldn't say that if you drove it...":rolleyes:

But the NSX is everything I wished the Lude was, and then some. Still, I enjoy my Lude even more now after I got my X. But you, understandably, probably need to free up some $$$ for your all motor NSX goal.

Nice JDM headlights, btw! And those 5th gen wheels don't look bad, either. Good luck!

92NSX said:
Best of luck with the all motor NSX project.
I for one will be watching and hoping it turns into something great for you!!
(notice my sig);)

Will you still root for him if his car is not red?? LOL!! :D

Re: Nice Lude!

NSXmadness said:
Preludes are great cars! I should know--my 96 VTEC is my daily. These cars are seriously underappreciated! An in-law blurted out "chick car" when I told him what I drove, and all I could say was, "You wouldn't say that if you drove it...":rolleyes:

Haha your chick car needs a carbon fiber lip that's why...I was bored last winter so I learned to make carbon fiber parts. Seriously you need to buy this lip it's great :D

cfcoated_03.jpg

mark3s.jpg

004.jpg

I'll probably get into some NSX stuff in cf eventually. But the prelude stuff I'm developing pays for the C30 build ;)

I wasn't too sure about greeting 'Satan' onto NSX prime, but he's still subject to the Administrator ('God') :D

Welcome to NSX Prime, Joel. You should share some of your knowledge of carbon fibre pressing... i'm sure many other guys on this website would be very interested.

later'z.

NeoNSX said:
Welcome to NSX Prime, Joel. You should share some of your knowledge of carbon fibre pressing... i'm sure many other guys on this website would be very interested.

Yeah if I end up just getting a 'stock' NSX to start with rather then a project I'll probably make some neat-o bolt on stuff like CF intakes and other junk. Should be fun.

NSXmadness said:
CF lip looks sweet! Is that your own design?

That one was a spoon replica..since spoon discontinued making it. But everything else I make this year will be custom new designs

Back