Saw and sat in the new RL today.

What a great car. It looks amazing, and the interior is well thought out. There were so many gadgets and gizmos that it'll probably take someone a few weeks to learn how to use all of them.

Now, if Acura can produce a beautiful high end sedan, why can't they step up to the plate and give us an all new NSX.

Oh yeah, the dealership gave me a brand new TL as a loaner and it is also a great vehicle. The only thing that bothers me with the car is the moonroof visor slamming shut when I brake hard.

DocL said:
Oh yeah, the dealership gave me a brand new TL as a loaner and it is also a great vehicle. The only thing that bothers me with the car is the moonroof visor slamming shut when I brake hard.
I picked up a new TL last week. My moonroof visor also moves when braking hard. Doesn't slam shut though. Wonderful car. I did look at some RL's also. Very nice indeed.

Yeah I've been eyeing the RL as well. Sweet car, and looks substantially better than the new 5 series.

I'm just waiting for us to get a good layer of snow on the road so I can take an RL out and see how the SH-AWD does in crappy weather. If it does a good job, it might be my new winter 'beater' ;-)

Speaking of 5 series, anyone have any experience with the new iDrive system? I know the iDrive system in the redesigned 7 series was problematic beyond belief -- wondering if they improved it for the new 5 series?

hey guys.. just since you were talking about the RL, i thought i'd squeeze my two cents in. My parents have a RL, a 02, a 03, and a 04' one. The styling hasnt changed humongously for a while, but now since the 05' is totally diff, and has VTEC on it (correct me if i'm wrong). I really like the old styling.. the more flat style. It's more VIP Style, and to me it looks much better. our new 04' after 4 months has come up with a problem, adefective oil filter. It's under warranty though!

I sat in it, but didn't drive it. I have heard mixed results on the HP. Some say it is strong, some say it doesn't feel like 300 HP. According to the lastest C&D, it did 0-60 in 7.0. Not very good. Nonetheless, I would like to drive one and compare to our TL. I have a feeling that I would find it very hard to justify spending another 15K over an already excellent car (TL).

I love all the features of the car and ive sat in it..looks good on the inside...
but when i saw it drive away it looked like a nicer juiced up nissan altima. :frown:

and for 50k...huh..NO..the TL looks way better and is priced just right..

50,000?? What the hell? We got the 04' for 35,000. If i remember correctly, the price was 40,000. I never would have thought they would bump the price all the way up to the 50K range though.

Back