Saw an Elise on the Road last night

I was taking the significant other (wife) out for a frozen yougurt at about 7pm, it was a beautiful evening, we were in Armonk NY and we saw a yellow Elise coming towards us. It looked great, even the Mrs was impressed with the way it looks. It had a great road presence and in yellow it looks super (I'm a little prejudiced). This was the first one that I've seen on the road, I'm sure that in time an Elise sighting will become alot more common than NSX sighting!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

It is (and was) already more common to see an Elise, Exige or its GM sister Opel Speedster here in Germany than a NSX - also on european race tracks. BTW: A lot of this little Lotusses have swiss licence plates - it must be a nest there ;)

P.S.: If you like yellow Elises you may look at this thread and scroll a bit down to see one photographed by me in Hockenheim

In addition to its good looks, the Elise is one of the best handling production cars in the world. It's got a little 1.8L toyota engine with 190hp and, the little beast still "spanks the Porsche Boxter S and Ferrari Challenge Stradale, rocketing to a new 600 ft. slalom record for a certified production car; 73.2mph." (Aug. '04 Motor Trend) The Elise is "the best handling sports car we've ever tested." .99 avg g 200-ft. skidpad.

I was shooting the Ferrari Club event at Lime Rock today and have photos of the Elise on the track. I will post a link later.

Bob, what color was it?? Ken from Paddock Performance has a silver one that he has been racing for a few years. It was imported and he has a ITR enigne in it, not the celica GTS enigne that we're getting.

You'll have to wait until I can upload the photos.

BTW, I need to finish this day's gallery for the FCA so I won't be able to call you later.

Here you go........

6728608-L.jpg

6728739-L.jpg

HHmmmm......Not sure if that was him or not. From the looks of my picture his appears to be more silver, not grey. But, not sure it could have been the lighting.

Attachments

• img_5189.jpg
    img_5189.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 164
Back