San Diego NSX'er, T.P. auto repair

San Diego NSX guys, just want you to know about this great auto repair shop (T.P AutoRepair) that I been having my car service there for years.
-just got my clutch job done
-put in shocks (billstein)
-install headers
-oil change
The manager there also NSX owner . Fast service, honest and very nice to deal with. Very knowledgeable of the car(NSX)..

address:
T.P. AutoRepair
2426 El. Cajon blvd.
San Diego, CA 92104
tel (619) 299-6966
Ask for Phong

Last edited:
Funny, that you mentioned this place.

I was there today to ask the service manager how much it was to fix a transmission for my Honda Prelude, and there were 3 NSXs being worked on...plus mine which makes 4 NSX on the lot.

They have done work on my other cars before, and they did an excellent job on every car I brought them. The cost is very reasonable and the quality is equal, if not better, than dealership level.

Stop by and talk to the service manager. He is a good guy to talk if you have any problems with your car...very knowledgable and easy guy to talk to.

I am fortunate enough to know a number of mechanics that can deal with our cars around SD. I have own a number of NSXes and these guys have swap one engine, replaced three clutches, changed fluids and a number of brakes repairs for me (That's a lot of business for one place in a span of two years). These guys are good! Since I know a number of mechanisc, and the NSX, a car, after all, can be repair once a mechanic sees it a couple of times; the thing that will keep my business is the pricing. Charge the work like you charge any other cars. Keep it reasonable and I will come back.

Many shops, and someone might get offended because i said this, but the one that will have my business is the one that does the works with reasonable pricing. I don't have allegiance to any shop, just the one that takes care of me. (A free oil change or help would be great for such loyalty.)

I am just going to say this and not in any shape or way endorsing anything: These guys have worked on my NSX before and I was left with question about the way the bill were rung up.

Last edited:
Back