San Antonio raceway drag event

On a creeper under my car in new braunfels texas
San Antonio raceway drag event/Austin too

Have any of you in the area ever got together at the drag strip to have some fun? SA Raceway is between SA and Austin on I10 just south of Seguin. Its about 10 min. from New Braunfels. Just thought I would ask. I have been wanting to go but dont want to go by myself. Anybody want to go? Lets talk about it...:p

That sounds like a great idea. Count me in, I'd love to meet some of you and check out the other TX NSXs.
GeNXS

Ok its wed. nights or fri. nights from 6p.m. to 12a.m. They have test&tune and street brackets. The few times I went Wed. was the best(least amount of people running). On Fri. the place is packed. 100 cars or more, last time I went on Fri. I only ran 3 times because the line was so long.

Lets keep talking about it and try to set a date...

Let me know if you guys set a date. I don't know how many NXS's you will get together, but I'll get an email out to my Austin exotic car email list and maybe we can have a bunch of exotics racing each other? Just a thought! I usually go on Friday nights once or twice a month to watch "Test & Tune" and the "Big Dawg Shootout" events. SAR is a great place to spend a Friday night!

As for a date what would you prefer Wed. night or Fri. night

On a Wed. night you can just about run as much as you want.

On a Fri. night you might get 3 or 4 runs but thats about it. But there is alot of other car and more to watch(You can only really watch if you are not in line waiting to run your car)

Both nights the racing starts at 6pm

Lets see what night everyone favors.

I vote a Wed when the crowd is not so big

how about WED Feb 25 or Fri 27( or do they need to be further out so people can plan)

I vote for Wednesday also - I want to drive, not watch. I could do the 25th if anyone else is up for it. BTW, do you need any special equipment to race (helmet, harness, etc...)?

get the cohort together...

hmmm, I am equally open for the Wed/25th or Fri/27th. I'll spread the word to the local NSX'ers to check this thread for updates. I believe Ojas will also be back by then from his int'l vacation (I know he'd be game for this).

I guess I should go and get some new rubber, otherwise I'll be going real fast to nowhere...

No, he said if you run a 13.0, you need a helmet. I think if you run a 13.99 (which is breaking into the 13 second barrier) or faster, you need a helmet. It may be ONLY no passenger rides for 13.99 and helmet needed at 13.00, but I think when you break 13's, you need a helmet and solo rides only. Of course, I may be wrong. I have never heard anything about wearing a harness in a street car, just a 4 point roll cage is required I think if you break 12's.

yes, he is correct it is 13.99 or faster, my bad. I have a helmet that I will be bringing and the track has 5 or 6 loaner helmets on a first come basis. If we get there early enough I am sure we can snag a couple...:D

hear is the email that the track sent me

"Chris glad to have you, any car running faster than 13:99 or quicker will need a helmet. We do have 5or 6 loaner helmets available on first come bases. The gates always open on wed. and fri. at 6pm we start down the track a 6:30pm."

When you guys get a date set, I'll relay the information to the guys on my exotic car list. Maybe it will become a big exotic shootout? :eek: I won't be racing my slow Fiero, Lambo wannabe, but maybe we can get a few other exotics to join the fun. ;)

Hey guys while your talking about things to bring…I just wanted to remind those that my not know, tracks often require you to wear pants (no shorts) and close toe shoes. :)

Paul

crud, I'll be out of town this week.. maybe in the future.
any revival to the feb/march gathering?

GeNSX

I'm going to try - I get back in that afternoon from Houston, so I just need to have enough time to get out there. Are any of the Austin guys going to come? Make sure Frog knows - I think he has friends he wanted to invite.

chriswtx said:
ran my car today with my G-Tech and I ran 13.3 @ 110mph. I ran it twice both were 110mph. I cant wait to take it to the track and get a weight on it. I think 110mph is a pretty strong number.:D

Who else is going on Wed?

Yea, that is a good time and mph. In my 92' Convertable Mustang I was making 13.0 G-tech passes @ 111. I took my G-Tech to the track once (SAR). I kept forgetting to turn it on I guess because of nerves. I finally remembered to set it and made a crappy 13.8 @ 108 pass. My G-Tech read 13.8 @ 107. TALK ABOUT FRIGGIN ACCURATE! That is with the OLD model of G-Tech to! I G-tech everything, lol. My Buick 95' Regal ran a 15.9! Rice killah! The Lambo G-teched @ 15.2. :( It was on a HOT summer day and motor was HOT so I think it can hit high 14's, but stil slow, lol.

Are you guys going on Wed for sure? I'm gonna send out an email once I know for sure.

Consider me in - the hall pass has been secured. I get in from Houston at 4:30 or so, and all I need to do is swap cars and head to the racetrack. Chris - do you know who else is in?

Back