Salvaged NSX

I have previously owned a 91 NSX and looking to purchase another. This weekend I will be looking at a "Salvaged" 1995 NSX-T. The allignment and new parts have all been done by acura, and the car has been totally repainted to a mirror finish. Does anyone have any advice on what to look for while test driving the vehicle? Would you consider this car "tabbo" to buy or have you had a decent experience in purchasing a salvaged NSX that was done up right. Thanks in advance for your opinions! MikeT

IMO you'd be taking a pretty big step back on a salvage titled car. I'd get a higher milage one if you are strapped for cash.

Get a complete inventory of repaired/replaced items and go over it thoroughly!!! In my opinion, I would "feel" OK with buying a car that was repaired correctly.... but (and this is a big but) the value of said vehicle and it salvage status would eventually prohibit me from actually purchasing it.

Headache

Why bother with a problem from the get go if something goes wrong with it you'll always be asking yourself hmmm... maybe its related to the salvage. JMHO

Insurance companies are very smart with money. The reason it is salvage is that it was more expensive to fix it then to total it out.

So - do you know something their experts don't?

Are you doing the repairs yourself for much less then an average shop rate thus making the repairs worth it?

Do you have pictures and eye witness accounts of the damage?

How will you ever know if it was fixed right or brushed over?

It is much more likely they cut many corners to make the repairs worth while. Spraying everything with paint makes it look good and hides a lot of problems IMO.

IMO the value of a repaired salvage NSX is not low enough to justify the risks and problems you might inherit.

Back