Salvage Title VIN# JH4NA1189TT000206 on AutoTrader

FYI - '96 black/tan w/40k miles that was listed on Autotrader (ad now expired) in NE Georgia has a salvaged/rebuilt title. VIN# JH4NA1189TT000206.

Looked at it yesterday and the owner showed me a picture of the rear-end collision before it was fixed. Didn't look too bad and the repair seemed to be well done. Surprised it had a salvage title. Nice guy, but I was little miffed he hadn't and didn't disclose it had been wrecked then salvaged.

Curious to know IF checked out by a pro and repaired correctly, what does a salvage title do to the resale value of a '96 w 40k miles? Is this a $2,000 deduction or $5,000?

Leverage...

HarryMtv said:
Curious to know IF checked out by a pro and repaired correctly, what does a salvage title do to the resale value of a '96 w 40k miles? Is this a $2,000 deduction or $5,000?

What would I do?!?

- 25%-33% assuming everything else is on par:

Ex. 1996 NSX-T 5spd w/ 40k miles: full maint'/service history (4yr/60k mile & 6yr/90k mile services), no mods', int./ext. in great condition, no elec./tech./mech. issues...

Clean title: $37,500 - $40,000

Rebuilt/salvage/total-loss/wrecked title: $26,750 - $28,750

I'd consider a Pre-Purchase Inspection by an Acura Certified NSX-MasterTech or shop. If the rebuild/body-work was done correctly, w/o compromise, the aforementioned car can be a relatively fair deal... provided you don't have to put in a dime to bring it upto current specs' (rebuild, maint'/serv.)

Note: the estimate & price-reduction above is towards a salvage/rebuilt vehicle, not a vehicle that otherwise sustained a collision/accident that did not warrant the title to be 'total-loss'/written-off.

Goodluck.

Back