Salvage or no?

93, 5 spd, 83k miles, "excellent condition" but salvage title. Asking $19500? What do you guys think is a good price?

From what i have heard because the car is aluminum it is very hard to straighten the frame after an accident.

I believe vtecNSX1 is trying to say even though the car may look fine after repair, but the frame may not be straight.

I don’t know how much salvage its worth; it will probably help you to get some answers from the experts on Prime by posting some picture of the car (before/after).

Salvage title doesn't necessarily mean it's been wrecked. It could be a theft recover that wasn't worthwhile to put back together in the insurance companies mind.

For a 93 that seems like a fair price if it is really in excellent condition. If it's a wreck-salvage I'd look more closely. You can get a clean title 91 for a similar price, but I've never seen a clean title '93 break the $20K mark.

It sounds quite high to me.

If you add $3-4k more, you can get one in a clean title with a bit more mileage.

not sure what the story is. i'll call the guy and ask then let you guys know. it's originally from florida tho and now it's in LA according to carfax, but since it's a salvaged title i won't be able to get a loan anyways... :mad:

i'm currently eyeing a 1995 nsx-t around the same price. 60k miles, black, NOT wrecked. It's a theft recovery. Too bad the salvage title doesn't do it any justice.

'cleaning' your title... if it's SALVAGE!

Salvage titles can be addressed in the following manner:

Here is the easily fixable, rebuildable, wrecked/stolen/abandoned/flood damaged vehicle (namely the NSX in question)... :smile:

1998%20Corvette%20Wreck.jpg

Of-course the title needs to be 'cleaned' as per the owners personal wishes! (must be a Freudian thing :wink: )

car_title.jpg

Just make a lil' move to the laundro-mat of title cleaning... (need P.O. Box!) :biggrin:

clean.gif

Clean the title! :redface:

washer.gif

Here's where! :eek:

sample3.jpg

And voila!!! :tongue:

gmiller.jpg

Just for anyone's knowledge...this I have talked to the owner of this car. She informed me that the car HAS been in a wreck. If I can remeber correctly...it was hit in one of the rear quarters. All in all, it seems like pretty fair price. But I myself would never buy a wrecked NSX.

Back