Sales June 2017

Time for Honda to experiment with some attractive lease deals to see if price is the problem.

I suspect they will continue to push test drive events and other targeted marketing. I wonder if they will have an event in Monterey this year. I would target the car clubs associated with big tech companies for special invites. Tech/car enthusiasts who night care about the interesting new thing more than the brand (and with money to spend).

31? that's pretty shit. didn't they sell a lot more in May?

what's the actual number of cars in actual garages of real humans for the year?

I watched 4 days of live and Day's recaps of the Goodwood festival of speed. Thursday in particular was manufacturers' day. All sorts of new exotics, 570s, Aston's , Audi's, F cars, P cars, even running concepts shown to the public. No sign of the NSX. Honda instead showed Civics and Accords. What is wrong with this company?

Does the Club raffle the tickets ?

Last edited:
These sales number are really disappointing. I don't recall that the 1st generation suffered such early poor sales. I'm afraid I can't see the driving events significantly altering people's perception of the vehicle to elevate the sales numbers. Overall, this does not bode well for the car. As someone else mentioned, Honda/Acura's desire to follow the green movement is going to be the downfall of the vehicle (similar to CR-Z, neat car with a lame drivetrain).

Sadly, the hybrid drivetrain is likely a turn-off for a number of potential customers. The car itself is aesthetically pleasing, but the drivetrain seems to be a turn-off. I'm not talking about the performance numbers rather the fact that it is a hybrid and its associated complexity.

i dont think its honda wanting to go green with this car. running in full electric mode and good city mpg is just a byproduct.

its honda's ongoing drive to be different.

These sales number are really disappointing. I don't recall that the 1st generation suffered such early poor sales. I'm afraid I can't see the driving events significantly altering people's perception of the vehicle to elevate the sales numbers. Overall, this does not bode well for the car. As someone else mentioned, Honda/Acura's desire to follow the green movement is going to be the downfall of the vehicle (similar to CR-Z, neat car with a lame drivetrain).

Sadly, the hybrid drivetrain is likely a turn-off for a number of potential customers. The car itself is aesthetically pleasing, but the drivetrain seems to be a turn-off. I'm not talking about the performance numbers rather the fact that it is a hybrid and its associated complexity.
The CR-Z was too low on power. Had they gave it 200hp, it would had been much more fun. Even if it didn't had hybrid technology, at 130hp, guarantee flop anyway. Think about it. Original CRX Si had more power some 20 years ago. My beautiful Nissan NV200 cargo van in the pic (background) below is arguably more fun, faster, and handles better than CR-Z. Maybe not, but definitely much more functional : )

You never hear anyone complain about P1, Laferrari, 918 hybrid drivetrain. The turn off is definitely not the drivetrain, but rather the price. Either you see it as hyper car bargain or overpriced Acura. Also lets not forget, how long have we been dying to have a turbo Honda motor. NSX is got everything we had wish for and more. In stock form is is already pretty good, imagine tune, downpipes/hi flow cats/exhaust and how much better/faster it will be.

I have driven all the current competitors of NSX. Nothing is as comfortable or as easy to drive, 570S is close, Huracan is outright uncomfortable. If people intended to get NSX as weekend car, it may be too comfortable. Essentially it is like Lexus comfy in sport mode. Track mode is much more stiff, but still more comfortable than everything else I have driven.

My business partner just pick took delivery of Civic type R and he love it to death while custom ordered and put down deposit for his 720s on same week. Spec'ed out to be $360k. For me, NSX saved me a lot of money of wanting to buy other cars. After I got NSX, I almost lost desire of many cars that was once on my wish list, they just all seem so low tech, dated, and common. There are nothing excites me until 2019 besides new GT3 with manual and 720S.

Attachments

• File_001-2 copy 2.jpg
    File_001-2 copy 2.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 231
  • File_004 copy 2.jpg
    File_004 copy 2.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Bricks,,, I am sure glad it was there. I must have missed the hillclimb although I watched all 4 days. On Thursday, manufacturer's day, when Honda's turn came up , I saw a procession of sedans and Civics but no sign of the NSX. I understand that is the day some people are offered rides, some even a drive.

Bean counting clarification

278 sold in the US for Calendar year 2017
269 sold in the US for Calendar year 2016

To date, 547 sold in the US over 13 months

All of these are 2017 model year cars

Back