safe in el paso?

I am driving back from LA to Dallas, and am thinking about stopping in El Paso for the night before driving back. Is it safe in El paso (ie to park my car =), and anybody on prime in el paso that can recommend a place to stay?

thanks!

I always stay by the airport.. there's a Hilton with a well lit lot... and I would think security is higher by the airport....check Google Earth.. good shot and view of the city and airport.

LONG drive! Be safe.

Be Safe

I was stationed at Ft. Bliss (El Paso), when I was in the Army assigned to Military Police Investigations, lets just put it this way...ON THE BASE cars were being stolen, not broken into but stolen. We worked on average about 6 cases A MONTH on stolen vehicles FROM THE BASE. Not to mention the other average of 4 to 5 of a month reported stolen from military members off base. In that being said, not to scare you BUT the top reasons they were stolen;
*No Alarm System/Or Poor Alarm System
*:eek:Doors Left Unlocked:eek:(No one deserves to have their car stolen, but come on)
*Not Parked in well lighted areas.
*Something as simple as CD book left in the open. Hey, why not take the whole car:rolleyes:?!
*Spare key left in car, or a hide a key left somewhere.
*Corvettes (Sorry, never worked an NSX case while I was there:wink:) or other sports cars, left outside, not even under a car cover. The less a criminal knows whats under the cover, the less easier it is for them to determine whether to take a risk on getting caught.
*Not going to say how to break into cars on here, but make sure you can't slide anything slim between your weather stripping and your glass window:wink:

I drove my NSX there for about 6 months, and then returned her home to VA at the time. I would say as long as you got visual contact with the car and well lighted areas to park, go for it and have fun. If your going to be busy, put a car cover over it and still make sure its in a lit area.

Sorry to scare ya' if I did, but figured maybe these tips could help.

I actually used the Hilton at the airport in El Paso to park my NSX (as I drove my NSX from Phoenix to Houston only a few months ago). Although , I asked the front desk if I could park the car right beside their security booth which is at the parking lot entry- this way, the night security has a visual for most of the night except for a few patrols they do. this is your best bet, and it worked out ok as the car was still there the next day.

Back