S2000 owner adds '93 NSX to stable!

I'll keep it rather brief. I purchased a '93 NSX with 131k. I'm the 3rd owner. The last owner elected to mod the car, but only put 9k miles on her over a period of nearly 3 years. Major service, including a new clutch, completed just after he took possession. I met the previous owner through a mutual friend(Steve of Evolution Autosports).

Having a highly modified S2000, I wasn't really looking to mod an NSX. I just want to enjoy this one. It needs a bunch of TLC and some brake work. My first purchase will be a service manual. :biggrin: I try to do most of my own work as I'm sort of... well... retentive. :redface:

Anyhow, looking forward to being an owner and the inherent joy it must bring. :) Below is a link to a thread over at S2Ki.com that has pictures of my '93(haven't named her yet). I just took possession of the car yesterday and have not had time to clean her up... no sermons, please! :biggrin:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=375798

Congrats Skip. Its nice to see great S2000 owners defect over from the S2000 or buy both.:smile:

Last edited:
Beautiful NSX...I know you'll enjoy it!

Welcome! I purchased 93 NSX Red ext and Black interior 5 months ago and it is cool to see one with the mods that I like on it. It is a great looking NSX. What size wheels are on it 17's on the front and 18's on the rear ? I also saw that you will have to put your golf clubs in the front seat "lefty". Take care and enjoy it!!

Looks good, also liking the veilside (I think) S2000 tonneau cover :)

It's funny, you say you just want to enjoy this one.

I'm sure you will. It's already got a ton of mods!

I've got an s2k worth of mods and maintenance/"restoration" in mine over the last 3 years. Looks like you struck gold with the pre-modded NSX.

BioBanker said:
You will find many former S2000 owners here welcoming you.

Im one of them!

Welcome! Both incredible cars!
And here's another.

Welcome to the cult of ownership. Many safe miles to you.

Thanks, everyone! I haven't "defected" from the S. :biggrin: Someone said something about having the price of an S in mods for his NSX. I have more than that on the S currently and have done a lot of the labor myself. Point being, I'm not wanting the NSX to be another money pit. ;)

The Volks are 18/19. The exhaust is indeed RSR. Comptech header, WW skirts, Do-Luck front, not sure what kind of hood, JIC coilovers, Bride Ergo II seats. Again, she needs work and I'm the guy to give it to her. We all know it's a labor of love.

Not sure if I'll track the NSX. The S has been and most likely will continue to be the "track" car. It'll be less expensive to repair(again) than off'ing the NSX. I'm sure I'll take her out once to say she's been driven "properly." Had planned to autox her tomorrow, however, I have not been able to attend to the brake situation yet. :(

I'm located between DC and Richmond, so I'm sure I'll meet up with other owners in the future... looking forward to it. Thanks again for the welcome.

Very cool. Congrats on the car. I have something in common with you. I'm an NSX owner who added an S2000 to the lot earlier this year. The S is a fun car - puts a smile on my face, but the NSX keeps the smile on my face. :smile:

Dang, Skip!! That is one heavily modded NSX!! Boy, I am beginning to think you cannot drive anything that is not modded. :D

Congrats!!

Back