• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S.O.S. Chasis Bar Order

I ordered a set of R-type Chasis Bars on Tuesday 4/10 paid. I never rec'd any shipping information, so I called Science of Speed today 4/13 and they told me there on back order till May 25th. I informed them that I never was called or notified about my parts were on back order?? They said they sent me an email, but the only email that I still have never said anything about being back ordered.

Not that I was looking for any freebies or handout, but in customer service industry, usually you try to offer something compensate a customer for in conveniences. In fairness, I'm not trying to bash them, but I expected better service. In the past I have had great experiences with them. I guess I was a little disappointed that someone dropped the ball at my expense. I will still do business with SOS, I'm simply sharing an experience.

Thanks for listening and Happy Friday the 13th:):)

They are very slow on replying emails.... I sent two emails 4 days ago and still nothing... never done business with them but this is not what I expected after reading all the good words about them on prime. I know people can be really busy but you should always leave some sort of reply to let the customer know something.. even when you ask for some more time to get things sorted.

In my case I know what I want I just need shipping cost and thats it.

Contacted two other suppliers for different stuff en they both replied within 2 hours and one of them shipped the next day.

One would think their website could note something along the lines of "on back order until XX/XX" or something else to denote the inventory is not currently in stock.

I've had a similar problem myself once before. The only way I know to avoid this is to call directly and verify inventory before ordering. I've also figured out that the total order cost is cheaper if you call and place it via the phone rather than through the website, especially when purchasing multiple items. On the website, the shipping cost of each items continues to build up, where multiple items can share the same packaging and only make a minor change to shipping costs. Not sure why that is, but - something I've noticed.

Otherwise, I've always been VERY pleased with their products, the packaging, reliability, and professionalism displayed by the staff.

I had bought a set of heads from them going back a ways and had them do some machine work to the heads before shipping. After waiting at least a month, they sent me heads with no cam caps and when I inquired for the missing caps was told to reuse mine on the new heads.....lol. When the builder refused they took the heads back, refunded me my purchase price less the machine work and said when they resold heads they would refund me the machine work........that was about 2 years ago and I haven't heard from Chris about it since. Oh well....guess they never sold them yet.

We should have e-mailed you by the end of the week if you placed an order for an item that was out of stock. Since I do not know your name or e-mail, would you please drop me an e-mail to [email protected] refering to this and I will research it for you.

thank you,
-- Chris

Back