Run-Offs moving.

Just thought I would share some news that I heard today from one of our SCCA Mid-Div representative. While nothing is offical yet, many of you know that the SCCA has its HQ in Topeka, KS. Also, Heartland Park in Topeka is going through some significant renovations and re-configuring of main straight w/future re-paving by its new owner after some years of poor maint. I was told the Run-offs at Mid-Ohio are signed for two more years. After that it is widly accepted although nothing offical, that Heartland Park will become the Run-offs new home and its all but done except for ink on paper.

Last edited:
Unfortunately there is still not much of a chance. Only T1 (stock class and only '97 or later) or GT2, where tube frame cars and the Panoz GT and 911 cup cars have just been moved. Very few if any rules changes allowed for the NSX, plus you have to run the same diameter wheel front and rear, and 16" is the largest allowed. Kinda sucks.

Yeah I was talking about spectating. The coolest cars you usually see are some TC Kline Z4's, and some vipers and Z06's. I would never run my NSX @ the run-off's, cause you would need to run an entire season, and win! These guys are die-hards, but what great racing to watch!!!

ncdogdoc said:
Unfortunately there is still not much of a chance. Only T1 (stock class and only '97 or later) or GT2, where tube frame cars and the Panoz GT and 911 cup cars have just been moved. Very few if any rules changes allowed for the NSX, plus you have to run the same diameter wheel front and rear, and 16" is the largest allowed. Kinda sucks.

Hey bud, doing the double school at Robeling?

Jason Weaver said:
Hey bud, doing the double school at Robeling?

Got to skip it this year. Something about a leakproof fuel tank for a tidy sum of $2000:eek:

nsx1164 said:
They require a fuel cell for a SCHOOL? :confused:
They must be smoking some strong stuff :)

You have to use an SCCA legal car for any sanctioned event, and licensing school is run just like a race. If I was running in T1 (a stock class), I would not need a fuel cell (I believe it is not allowed). But since my car is a 1992 and is only allowed in GT2 or SPO (yeah, right), I have to have a safety fuel cell.

I could have rented a car for school, but at $300-$500 per day for a three day event, I might as well go ahead and buy the cell.:(

ncdogdoc said:
I could have rented a car for school, but at $300-$500 per day for a three day event, I might as well go ahead and buy the cell.:(
OR, for the cost of getting an NSX "legal" (and remotely competitive) you could get into a more cost-effective platform, like Spec Miata.

Not sure SCCA Club Racing is where I'd choose to run that handcrafted aluminum NSX bodywork :)

nsx1164 said:
OR, for the cost of getting an NSX "legal" (and remotely competitive) you could get into a more cost-effective platform, like Spec Miata.

Not sure SCCA Club Racing is where I'd choose to run that handcrafted aluminum NSX bodywork :)

You are of course right, in the logical way of looking at this. But when was logic ever as much fun as 2500# and 270hp:D

NASA has the same cage rule (but not the fuel cell) for Honda Challenge.

Either way, I would not want to run without the fuel cell, I just thought I could do the Q school without one (as it has been done by an NSX before, but with VERY different circumstances)

Guys, one word about the double school this last weekend, WET! It rained all day Sat. and 1/2 the day Sunday. Luckily thurs. and Fri were dry. The 2 practice starts and the race start in the pouring rain Sat. with a field of 49 cars was an experience I don't think words can describe! As for the spec Miata's they were everywhere!! Of my run group over 1/2 the cars were Spec Miata's! Gary is right at $500 a day for 4 days it would be an expensive proposition for a rental.

Back