Ruf BTR 911 Turbo

Per the prior topic, I thought I would bring this car to the table!
My Sister has an authentic "STOCK"1987 Ruf BTR 935 Turbo. This car is crazy fast! I have decided to JUST SAY NO to her invites to do "friendly roll-ons" I did do a 1st gear roll on with her on my 00 Yamaha R6(capable of 10.6 @ 127). It was close from 40-70mph then she started to pull away. I would hate to start from 90!!! Car sounds crazy! I watched it dyno at 456RWHP and it weighs approx 2900 lbs. Point is, you never know what the guy (or girl) in the car next to you has. This car is mistaken for a kit slant nose. The only exterior distinguishing diff. is the 3 inch emblem on the back that says RUF where the TURBO emblem is typically. Other than that, the wheels are a little different. Know your cars!!! Any 911 that says RUF on it....Stay Away!!!

I remember the Ruf Porsches from jr. high school. In their annual showdown of the world's fastest cars in the late '80's, Road and Track said that they were the fastest cars--period. They dominated over the Porsche 959, Ferrari 288 GTO--and I think even the Ferrari F40.

Yes, it is pronounced "roof". Mr. Ruf remembers building her car. Her car is the 1st non-gray mkt car imported to the states. The E.P.A used it to certify Ruf as compliant. Her's is 1 of 4 slant nose BTR's built that year. I have driven it on the track and it sure shoots nice flames out of the pipes when you let off the gas! I had to pry myself away from the steering wheel upon thinking of backing it into the tire wall. The car is less replaceable than I am! Don't want to be disowned! Everyone argues with her about the VIN # because it does not have a Porsche VIN#. Really cool car! Everytime I drive it, I pray to encounter a Viper or some other poor soul!

I have heard that if all the new P-cars were as good as the new GT3, then Mr.Ruf would not have a job anymore.
Not a slam on him but rather how good the new car is.

That reminds me of a story of an idiot car dealer that was trying to sell my dad a RIF Porsche. He kept on insisting how great the RIF is. (for those of you who haven't seen the logo, the U is in with the R.. it does look like RIF, however, any sports car guy should know better). I said, dad it is RUF... NOT RIF..

We just laughed at him and we left. RIF... Dumbass.. learn your product!!!

Steve said:
Yes, it is pronounced "roof". Mr. Ruf remembers building her car. Her car is the 1st non-gray mkt car imported to the states. The E.P.A used it to certify Ruf as compliant. Her's is 1 of 4 slant nose BTR's built that year. I have driven it on the track and it sure shoots nice flames out of the pipes when you let off the gas! I had to pry myself away from the steering wheel upon thinking of backing it into the tire wall. The car is less replaceable than I am! Don't want to be disowned! Everyone argues with her about the VIN # because it does not have a Porsche VIN#. Really cool car! Everytime I drive it, I pray to encounter a Viper or some other poor soul!

Not sure about RUF VIN#'s but the cars are actually titled as RUF's not Porsches based on DOT rules.

Back