Rubber thingy for sticky out bit on trunk lid.

Last edited:
If you are at NSXPO I have some extra ones I bought since I replaced one of mine..........find me, I'll have them

That's one of the two most frequently missing parts on the NSX. (The other is the rubber caps on the ends of the t-shaped bracket to which the spare tire bolts.)

If you are at NSXPO I have some extra ones I bought since I replaced one of mine..........find me, I'll have them

^This… One of the reasons why I love this forum so much.. (Also made me run to the garage to check and see if I had them too..) Yup, they're there. Learned yet something else new about the car today.. Thanks Prime!

If you use your trunk a lot they always shimmy loose so check often..or glue them.

If you use your trunk a lot they always shimmy loose so check often..or glue them.

He's right so I just use some fuel hose that I cut to width with a razor. It fits tighter so it doesn't come loose and fall off. Once on it looks and works the same as the correct part. You have to cut it a tad wider because when you stretch it on it gets a little narrower.

You also might want to look at the bottom of the gap where the hinge closes, as they usually fall out and land in there.........use a straw to pick it out since your hand won't fit down there - fish and you might find.

So I checked the trunkal abyss and sure enough, the stopper was there! Retrieved it with a set of needle-nose pliers, cleaned it up well, and went to go get some glue or tape or something to keep it from wandering off again. Within minutes, or perhaps seconds, the stopper had disappeared. It is somewhere in my house, of that I am sure, but other than that it is MIA.

I must be losing my mind.

So I checked the trunkal abyss and sure enough, the stopper was there! Retrieved it with a set of needle-nose pliers, cleaned it up well, and went to go get some glue or tape or something to keep it from wandering off again. Within minutes, or perhaps seconds, the stopper had disappeared. It is somewhere in my house, of that I am sure, but other than that it is MIA.

I must be losing my mind.

Your NSX is testing you to see how much you really care about it [emoji1]

Back