Rolling my eyes...

rolleyes.gif
As I was walking thru the shopping mall parking lot, I walked past the rear of a Toyota Corolla that caught my eye. Would you believe even now they have their own type "S"? A BIG RED "S"! Much like the Acura TL/CL/RSX.
rolleyes.gif
if curious, see it on the Toyota.com website in their Photo Gallery
eek.gif

They have been advertising it on TV left and right for a while now... and yes.. it is lame..

I saw that too.. I thought it was just some JDM Honda wannabe... I never knew that Toyota got their own type S...

Doesn't Jag sell a R Type Type-S?

actually, for us older folks out there, seems like there have been a lot of 's' designated cars going back three decades.

in some cases 's' stood for sport, in others it seemed to stand for sh#@.

Dont go dissin the corolla-s. If you pulled alongside the new corolla-s in your beatup '86 corolla, you'd be pissin in your pants!
smile.gif

"Holy shit isnt that the corolla-s? Wow that car is fast!"

Originally posted by Timeless:
rolleyes.gif
As I was walking thru the shopping mall parking lot, I walked past the rear of a Toyota Corolla that caught my eye. Would you believe even now they have their own type "S"? A BIG RED "S"! Much like the Acura TL/CL/RSX.
rolleyes.gif
if curious, see it on the Toyota.com website in their Photo

Hey guys,have you heard that toyo+ta is working on an exotic type car,like the nsx?

Toyota also has a program for factory mods, labelled under their Toyota Racing Development ( TRD ) program. It would be pretty cool to have Honda/Acura support along those lines.

Originally posted by NSXLNT:
Toyota also has a program for factory mods, labelled under their Toyota Racing Development ( TRD ) program. It would be pretty cool to have Honda/Acura support along those lines.
In addition to TRD for Toyota / Lexus, you also have:
Nissan / Infiniti - Nismo
Mazda - Mazdaspeed
BMW - M Sport
Benz - AMG
Audi - Quattro
Ford - SVT

Hopefully Honda/Acura don't leave us in "the rice paddy" to fend for ourselves
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 17 August 2002).]

Originally posted by MAJOR STONER:
Doesn't Jag sell a R Type Type-S?
"S-Type" is their model designation (like E-type, XJ-, XK-, X-, etc). "R" is the high-performance version -- and its more than swoopy aeros and cool badges.

Their "R" cars offer uprated engines (significantly higher output, often with larger displacement and/or forced induction), along with requisite chassis (suspension, brakes) tuning. That, and the obligatory badges and wire-mesh grillwork to keep the gold chain crowd happy
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by cojones (edited 17 August 2002).]

Originally posted by Timeless:
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
if curious, see it on the Toyota.com website in their Photo Gallery
eek.gif

My whole point here is this, you walk by a car that says Corolla, and then you see this huge, red, swoosh-like, "S" on the right side of the trunk. I'm use to seeing this RED Type "S" on the Acura. Sure other car makers have and have had in the past their own "S" or "R". If it's possible for you to place yourself back about 15-20 years, Corolla was just an import. To my knowledge, not very well known for their race car quality...So cool your jets! I was stating an observation.

Since my initial post, I've seen another Corolla BIG RED "S", Zorro like, and still have to shake my head from side to side, thinking, WOW -things sure have changed.

I went shopping for a beater last year, and the salesman wanted to show me the new 'Seat Ibiza R", refered to as 'type R'.

SAY WHAT? TYPE R? Seat????
(Seat is sort of cheap VW thingy here, made in Spain)

He then showed me.....
And indeed a red 'R' in the so well known Japanese shape.

8000RPM is correct. Quattro is the name of their AWD system.

Audi designates their "sport" versions with S.

Instead of the A4, it's the S4.
Instead of the A8, it's the S8.

And then they have the RS versions... RS4, RS6.

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
Dont go dissin the corolla-s. If you pulled alongside the new corolla-s in your beatup '86 corolla, you'd be pissin in your pants!
smile.gif

"Holy shit isnt that the corolla-s? Wow that car is fast!"

LOL !! Now that's funny!
biggrin.gif

Back