Rock Protection For Front End.

I Have A New To Me 2000 Nsx And Have Been Getting Some Front Nose Paint Small Nicks From Rock Or Other Debris From The Road.
Is There A Clear Body Armor Film Or Spray On To Protect The Front Area? How Easy Is This To Apply? Is There A Better Way To Protect The Front(outside Of Using A Bra)?
I Seem To Slightly Scrape The Front End Air Dam(?) Bottom More Than I Like. Is This Normal & Is It Replaced Often By Other Drivers?
Outside Of The Above, The Car Is Great - Its A 2000 Silverstone I Found Throught Nsx Prime Last Month.. Thank You For Info...
John Pearson :d

3M clear bra is what you are referring to. It does go by different names in the industry. It looks like a pretty tough DIY, you might consider getting it professionally done.

good luck

Check with almost any high end body shop, window-tint shop or detailer and they should be able to steer you towards the clear-bra. I have it on my 2001 and would not be without it on this car because it is so low and the front end just attracks everything on the road. $600 got me the front end, lower half of the hood, mirrors, door edges, and the rocker panel areas beind all 4 wheels.

Hello!! As an installer of the 3M Scotchgard Clear Bra I can tell you that it is very difficult to install on most cars, and requires extreme patience and a lot of stretching of the material to get it on right. The film is able to protect your car from chips and keep it looking like new, all while being almost invisible unless you get really close to it and are looking for it. It is a must for anyone who wants to keep their car looking like new, and does not want to have to continuously install and remove the OEM bra.

NSXJim said:
How easy is it to remove the clear bra? Any residual left-overs from the removal?

It is relatively easy to remove, depending on how it was applied and how much of the alcohol/water mixture was used to set the film. It is usually helpful to heat it up if it has been on the car for a long time. If the film has only been on the car for a short while (a few months) you can probably just start at a corner and peel it off with little problem whatsoever. There should not be any residue, and any that is left may be some adhesive, which can be removed with adhesive remover . Once that is gone you will not be able to know the difference. It will look like it was before the film was applied. :)

(to the first poster)
John, did you have to push the shift key everytime you started a new word to capitalize each word you typed or do you have some special proram that automatically does that for you ? Just curious, looks like that would have been a lot of work, wondering why you didnt type like normal..

Meeyatch1 said:
Hello!! As an installer of the 3M Scotchgard Clear Bra I can tell you that it is very difficult to install on most cars, and requires extreme patience and a lot of stretching of the material to get it on right. The film is able to protect your car from chips and keep it looking like new, all while being almost invisible unless you get really close to it and are looking for it. It is a must for anyone who wants to keep their car looking like new, and does not want to have to continuously install and remove the OEM bra.

Can it be installed on us widebody NSXs?

1TITENSX said:
Can it be installed on us widebody NSXs?

Yes, it can be installed on ANY car, it just depends on your installer. I use bulk material so that I can custom make each application. If you buy a kit that has been pre-cut, there is not really much you can do with it. For your car you would have to have a custom made one from bulk materials. Just a little more time and labor intensive.

Back