Rochester NY area mechanics?

The only person I take my car to in the area is Bernie at Davis Acura in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. He does great work and the dealership is very pleasant to deal with.

Good Luck,
Mike

Peter Mills said:
What's wrong with John Holtz Acura, in East Rochester, NY?
Good question. What's wrong with John Holtz? Well... nothing as of yet. They will be fixing a valve cover oil leak that I have to the tune of approx $400 bucks soon. Hmmm sounds a bit steep, doesn't it? Plus... they recommended that I get the timing belt replaced due to the mileage on the car. Not a bad thing, but the previous owner had recently gotten it done. Cost to previous owner: approx $900. What did John Holtz want to do the job? Approx $1700+. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?! I have searched these forums far and wide and I haven't found ANYONE who has EVER posted anything that is even remotely close to that cost to change the timing belt. The most expensive I've seen on this site from a dealer is $1400. Frankly... once I saw that quote from Holtz I really felt like they were trying to ra** me, and thus I am shopping around.

Any opinions are welcome!

Back