Road Trip to Ohio (NSXPO14)

I did it. I registered and reserved my hotel room for NSXPO 2014. I'm planning on leaving early Monday morning (the 13th). I am going to drive extra miles on the first 2 days, so that I arrive early Wednesday afternoon. I have to have time to scrub the bugs off before the first event. If anyone is interested in a caravan, let me know.
This is my first NSXPO, if anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd appreciate them.​

Ru going to drive your nsx there from California. If you are. It's really gonna suck. Thee best way is to rent a tow dolly and tow ur nsx there. Or have it shipped.

btw I went to the vegas nsxpo. An experience of a lifetime.

Good ody luck tho.

I'm Driving

I took the NSX to Washington state from SoCal shortly after I purchased it so I know the drill. I didn't buy the car to tow it or ship it around though, so I'm going to drive it. If money were not an object, yea I'd have it shipped, but...

Thanks for the reply.

Craig

I didn't buy the car to tow it or ship it around though, so I'm going to drive it.

Good for you!

I have been to the last 13 NSXPOs (but need to miss this year because of a wedding commitment - my own!). My first one in 2001 I had never seen another NSX on the road and ended up driving from NY to Wisconsin, starting off with 2 cars and ultimately meeting up with around 35 in Chicago at a highway oasis.

In 2002 I drove to Texas. In 2003 I shipped it to California. In 2004 I drove to Watkins Glen. In 2006 I shipped it to Florida (3 track days at Sebring and I wouldn't have enough brakes/tires to make the round trip drive was well after 500 hard miles on the track). In 2007 I drove to Ohio. in 2009 I drove to Canada. In 2011 I drove to Pennsylvania and in 2013 I drove to North Carolina/Virginia. In between years I flew and got a rental (with times that the rental was spotted on an autocross...........).

You will have a great time. Thanks for joining the fun!

Longest road trip was when I bought a 1996 nsx from New Mexico and drove it back to California..... It was miserable. My back hurt like hell. I would never do that again. Btw I just bought another nsx from Florida, I'm having it shipped.

Hope u enjoy ur drive tho. Don't forget to post pixsssss

Longest road trip was when I bought a 1996 nsx from New Mexico and drove it back to California..... It was miserable. My back hurt like hell. I would never do that again. Btw I just bought another nsx from Florida, I'm having it shipped.

Wow - I have found the NSX to have THE absolute most comfortable of seats; whether I'm a driver or passenger. Have driven at the Glen all day then would drive 5 hours home with no issues. Drove straight home from Mosport, 8/9 hours with border crossing, again, no issues. We've had 4 NSX's between Don and myself and they have all had comfortable seats.

Maybe you need new seats!

new bottom?

eat more?

I dunno

So back on task, anyone else from SoCal driving besides Craig? I need to substantiate the road trip vs flight. Its 1900 miles from my house in the Phoenix area to Dublin OH.

Drive it and enjoy it! I drove from San Diego to Denver for NSXPO and had the time of my life. When I bought my LBBP in March of 2013 I drove it home from Texas and loved every minute of the drive. Do yourself a favor and give more time so you can get off the freeways and enjoy some back roads. The journey is often better than the destination. Take time to smell the roses. HAVE FUN!!

It would be awesome if you could post your trips along the way (if possible), maybe every night when you're at the hotel with wifi:tongue:.

Us So Calers who aren't going will be going in spirit with you:smile::biggrin:

I recently made the same drive and going the most direct route, there is not much to see outside of the main highway. If you want to get historic, the historic 'Route 66' runs from NM to TX. There could be a few good photo ops, actually I am sure there are many. But this is the kind of drive that only allows for you to break stride (outside of gas stops and food) a few times before you find yourself hours behind schedule.

Back