Road and track from 2001... NSX vs. S2000 article...

Def. a repost and a stupid article, IMO. Make the comparison seem alot closer than they actually are. The performance times were very, very close.:rolleyes:

Greetings

The NSX that they were using for their tests had something wrong with it too. That is kind of like racing a horse with an injured leg. :smile:
Martin

I consider myself a #1 NSX fan in the whole planet but please you all know that the NA1 NsX specially the early models aren't that "fast" still the nsx won due to the lack of torque of the S2k, but the S2k driven properly can seriously be amazing on the track ..

OScar

"Also, our test NSX seemed to have an alignment problem, resulting in numb steering feel and heavy understeer. Test driver Steve Millen agreed, "This car feels worse than the last NSX I drove," he commented. Still, the mid-engine Acura was able to click off faster lap times around Thunderhill than the S: a testament to the NSX's exceptional handling balance."

In 17 years I have never heard anyone describe NSX steering as "numb".
What could have caused that? Alignment alone?

"you all know that the NA1 NsX specially the early models aren't that "fast" "

We agree do disagree...........:wink:

i don't want to start a "controversy" or anything and i love the nsx to death but all numbers i see of low nsx's are very close to any S2k numbers (@ a track it's a different story) .. yes nsx's are far superior of S2ks and 3 seconds faster in one lap it's A LOT if ou're racing... i just don't get why you guys seem so "surprised" .. is not like the above was a Nsx x Camry test.

Oscar

I consider myself a #1 NSX fan in the whole planet but please you all know that the NA1 NsX specially the early models aren't that "fast" still the nsx won due to the lack of torque of the S2k, but the S2k driven properly can seriously be amazing on the track ..
-Did you know the early model NA1s are actually the fastest among NA1?:smile:
-Don't judge thing by numbers
-It is so much easier to extract decent acceleration number on stock NSX compare to stock S2K
-The difference in feel is far more apart than number suggests
-Bigger motor feels just that much more stronger
-Many here adore S2K, I really...adore my that is for sure, but it is not even close compare to stock NA1. NA2 NSXs are even faster.
-Go and test drive one
-I am the #1 NSX fan:biggrin:J/K, not really, just normal fan.

The reason why people are surprised is because it is unusual. That test consisted two extremes. The best performance ever extracted out of S2K and compare to worst performance out of NSX. That test is very misleading overall.

The NSX would win even if it didn't have any wheels. So no competition here. :cool:

Having owned both, the 03 NSX beats the 01 S2k by a little on paper, by a lot in real life. Also, the S2k handling seems a little scary on high speed corners. Like it would be hard to save the rear if it breaks.

yes, the rear on the S2K once lost is hard to get back. ESP on the AP1.

It has snap steer upon correction so key with this car is not to over correct.

i got caught once in my red s2k correcting too much. :tongue:

I love the s2k and the NSX. For just pure driving enjoyment with out a 2 ton sack of bricks on the back of your mind, i think the s2k is more fun to drive.

If i crash it in the canyons, i will cry but i wont be jumping off the cliff right there and then.

If i crashed my nsx.... oh man.. will i feel stubid. :smile:

I sold my S about 5 month agin. Everytime it rains i miss the S.... its so much fun in the rain and even if you do hop a curb, its not like i curbed my volks GTC on the nsx :smile:

s2k is like a old sweat shirt. comfy, easy to get into and you wont worry too much if it gets ripped up a little. its a top down go kart.

nsx is..... a business suit. stylish but it has its limitations. break your heart if your crash it.

Happy motoring and drive hard

Rob :)

S2000's do not have crazy "Snap-oversteer" characteristics, but rather extremely neutral behavior. Yes the car can be easily rotated into oversteer but that is a function of the driver's input, and it does not 'snap' uncontrollably.

Street cars understeer for a reason as understeer is a much safer dynamic. The S2000s handling should not be blamed for incorrect inputs in less experienced hands any more than a 2-wheeled bicycle should be viewed as 'dangerous' to a toddler still on training wheels.

S2000s at California Speedway (sliding around):
http://media.putfile.com/Stuntman--bmwretard

Back