Riddle: Need Help to Solve

Hey Guys,

I heard a riddle tonight. I've heard a variation of this riddle before, but i can't seem to come up with the proper answer. maybe one of you guys can help me out....

>>RIDDLE:

there are 2 doors; one that leads to heaven and one that leads to hell. each door is guarded by a man (one on each door). one man can ONLY tell the truth, while the other man can ONLY tell a lie. what is ONE question you can ask just ONE of them; to find out who can take you to heaven?

GOOD LUCK!

Answer:
The question is ........

"If I asked the other guardian which door leads to Heaven, what would he tell me?"

The answer from both guys will be the door that really leads to Hell

The guy who tells the truth will answer with the door that goes to Hell, because he knows the other guy will lie

The guy who lies, will also answer with the door that goes to Hell, because he lies!

Therefor, whatever door either guy indicates to in the answer to your question, choose the other, which is the the True door to Heaven!

Hi, I think the answer is something like

'If I asked the other guy which door he was at, what would he say?'
If the answer is 'Heaven' go through the same door as the the person to whom you asked the question, if 'Hell' go through the other door.

Here's my working-

The answer they would give if you asked them directly 'Which door are you at?'

Truthful Guy @ Heaven = "Heaven" (1)
Lying Guy @ Hell = "Heaven" (2)

Truthful Guy @ Hell = "Hell" (3)
Lying Guy @ Heaven = "Hell" (4)
-------

The answer to the question posed above
Truthful Guy @ Heaven (which means the LG is at Hell) = "Heaven" [=(2)]
Lying Guy @ Hell (which means the TG is at heaven) = "Hell" [=!(1)]

Truthful Guy @ Hell (LG @ Heaven) = "Hell" [=(4)]
Lying Guy @ Heaven (TG @ Hell) = "Heaven" [=!(3)]

-----

So whoever answers 'Heaven' is at the Heaven-door...I think this works, anyway - be willing to be wrong though, as ever :)

Cheers

Riddle's are Neo's Speciality... after listening to Morpheus. =P

Nope, nope, nope... you guys are totally wrong. This is <B>NSX</B>prime remember. :rolleyes: :D
Let me "enlighten" you. :D

The door leading to heaven is OBVIOUSLY an NSX door.
The door leading to maintenance hell is a Ferrari. :p

The truthful guy is OBVIOUSLY an Acura/Honda dealer.
The liar is a Ferrari dealer.

Based on these facts, i don't even need one question to get my answer! And you can't beat that! How'z that?! :D :D :D

<FONT SIZE=1>
(note: no offense intended to ferrari dealers reading this post ;) )</FONT>

The truthful guy is OBVIOUSLY an Acura/Honda dealer.
The liar is a Ferrari dealer.

Yes, but can the Acura/Honda dealer tell you when the new NSX will debut? I'd ask him that question and if he even attempted to answer, I'd know he was the one lying.

I see by the answer in the link that you know which one tells the truth and which one lies. That makes a difference.

I would ask who is the liar amongst the two of you. I would then assume the liar is in charge of the door to hell and walk through the opposite door.

Back