RI NSX Mechanic

Do a search in Northeast forum and vendor experiences forum for Mitch at Mechanics Direct in Lowell, MA. Probably as close as you are going to get. I went there when I was still in CT. Very good & very fair.

What sort of work are you looking to have done?

A couple of us here in RI have gone to Elite Auto on Post Road in Warwick with good results. They just installed a pair of rear tires for me last weekend.

For anything major, make the drive to see LarryB.

Most minor repairs I can do myself. I'm looking for the major stuff like TB, WP, etc.

What sort of work are you looking to have done?

A couple of us here in RI have gone to Elite Auto on Post Road in Warwick with good results. They just installed a pair of rear tires for me last weekend.

For anything major, make the drive to see LarryB.

I would have to agree that if your doing a major take it to LarryB and not only will the car be done right the first time it will get a good looking over while its there. Larry has probably worked on more Nsx's then anyone else

Most minor repairs I can do myself. I'm looking for the major stuff like TB, WP, etc.

Nothing local I know of then. My car is going to LarryB at the end of the year for TB, WP, full 60K service, coolant hoses, and a header install. Haven't found anyone closer with more experience/knowledge.

I had heard of the guy in Lowell MA, but he's disappeared from the forums, so who knows if they are still in business or working on the NSX.

I'm much like you, I'd tackle basic stuff, I just did a Bilstein install myself with no problems, but another forum member had great results with Elite Auto, so I went to see them for my tire install, and they were careful and courteous. They let me in the shop while the tech was working on the car, and I was able to get a good look at it on the lift. I know they've done exhaust installs and such for other members here.

Last edited:
Fortunately, I have a friend with a lift which is nice for surveying and working on the underside of the NSX. For local NSX owners, I'm quite sure I can get free access for you also.

Gary

Fortunately, I have a friend with a lift which is nice for surveying and working on the underside of the NSX. For local NSX owners, I'm quite sure I can get free access for you also.

Gary

Now that's my kind of friend!:biggrin:

I second the Larry B plan. Worth the ride to NYC. I had mine done at the dealer. Larry fixed the stuff they didn't fix when he got it for the 60k tune up... They also did not bring up some key repairs that should have been done when they had the clutch out.

I second the Larry B plan. Worth the ride to NYC. I had mine done at the dealer. Larry fixed the stuff they didn't fix when he got it for the 60k tune up... They also did not bring up some key repairs that should have been done when they had the clutch out.

Yup! That's my plan. I'm done with the stealerships! Too bad it's 400 miles round trip! Wait I'll be driving an NSX. WooHoo!

Yup! That's my plan. I'm done with the stealerships! Too bad it's 400 miles round trip! Wait I'll be driving an NSX. WooHoo!

The Tapanzi bridge can be a little harsh on the suspension, but otherwise its a pretty cool trip (do the Merritt parkway as much as possible) ! A gps is also helpful.
Bob

Back