RHD Import questions

Well....looks like Im about to get my first NSX. Anyone that knows me knows that if I do something I like to do it as good as it can be done. SO...I'm thinking about importing a rhd NSX from japan. My question is this. Does anyone have any experience with this? I need to know what to look for and what pitfalls to watch out for if any.
I've been looking for a 94 white or silver here in the states. But the more I think about it the more a rhd nsx would really be a cool car to have. So, if it can be done with a reasonable amount of money invested...I'm seriously thinking about doing it.
If anyone has some experience wtih this please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Barney Demonbreun
www.ashlandmotorsports.com
615-429-1648

I know people that have been trying to RHD NSXs here in the states for years. I know there are alot of rules and government restrictions that might stop this.

Good Luck!

This could be you.

SCAN0002.jpg_thumb[4].jpg

I would think the only reason to get a RHD NSX is if your going to spend the serious $ for a Type R or Type S(or zero). Doesn't seem worth it

I have imported several AMG and M cars from Germany. Bringing the over here I had to get EPA and DOT approval. The cars had to be updated to US standards.

Headlights, tail lights, fuel integrity system, mirrors ad so one need to be changed to be brought up to US Standards.

I wish you luck, I would love to see a RHD NSX here in the states!

Back