REWARD $100.00 / Locate my old 2000 Monaco Blue NSX-T VIN# JH4NA2169YT000251

Hi Guys,

I know that some of you love a Challenge / Detective Work and have SpEcIaL wAys & NSX PoWeRs
to Investigate its wherabouts. I'm offereing a C-Note$ for your troubles if you can locate her!

I keep finding items in boxes from my 2nd NSX / Monaco Blue (Original Owner).
I would love to find it and buy it back, even with some insane high miles.

I sold it in 2003 here on Prime with 18,200 Miles:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/16476-2000-Monaco-Blue-NSX-T-(Black-Interior)-4-SALE

It SOLD again here on Prime in 2009 with 65,000 Miles from the girl that purchased it from me:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/123525-2000-Monaco-Blue-Pearl-Onyx-JH4NA2169YT000251

The only thing that pops up with the VIN is the thread I started 2 years ago when
I found a few other items that I was going to give the current owner if located....No Luck!
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...JH4NA2169YT000251-2000-Monaco-Blue-Onyx-NSX-T

Let the Hunt Begin ..... If you locate her and PM me the Legit Info, I will mail you your Reward!

Thanks Again and Good Hunting!:biggrin:

Terry

It's not in any of the 27 states plus DC that are part of the national dmv database. But I fixed your thread title because you had the wrong vin.

It's not in any of the 27 states plus DC that are part of the national dmv database. But I fixed your thread title because you had the wrong vin.

Thank you for seeing what you could find and for adding the missing digit (1)...

Anybody else have some luck?

Run a carfax report and see where it's registered, go on craigslist and create a "want to buy" ad in the area - I'm sure either the owner or his/her friends will find it.

Good luck!

the girl you sold it to should be able to put you in touch with the person who bought it from her?

Last registration was in Tuscon, AZ:[TABLE="class: report listing, width: 871"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD]08/19/2009[/TD]
[TD]TUCSON, AZ[/TD]
[TD]65,252
[/TD]
[TD]Motor Vehicle Dept.[/TD]
[TD]TITLE (Title #:002G009231018)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last renewal was May of last year:
[TABLE="class: report listing, width: 871"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;">[TR]
[TD]05/06/2014[/TD]
[TD]AZ[/TD]
[TD]69,000
[/TD]
[TD]Independent Emission Source[/TD]
[TD]PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]05/07/2014[/TD]
[TD]TUCSON, AZ[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

It seems to me that your next step is to contact the AZ DMV to see if you can do a lookup on the VIN or registration.

Cheers,
Ian

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like you can do a title search in AZ using the following URL:

https://servicearizona.com/motorVehicleRecord

Select "Title and Registration Motor Vehicle Record"
Cost is $3

Will get you the following:

• current vehicle information on your vehicle
  • current vehicle record information for registration, title, owner, lien holder and vehicle status information (such as restrictions)

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks a Bunch Guys!

Run a carfax report and see where it's registered, go on craigslist and create a "want to buy" ad in the area - I'm sure either the owner or his/her friends will find it.

Good luck!
That's a good idea, will save that as another option if all else fails...

the girl you sold it to should be able to put you in touch with the person who bought it from her?
Yep, I tried that and dug through all of my old files, located her cell number she had given
me to pick her up at the airport and it was a male's voicemail that answered. I left a basic
message with the info regarding the NSX to see if it may have been her husband by chance.

Last registration was in Tuscon, AZ:[TABLE="class: report listing, width: 871"]
[TD]08/19/2009[/TD]
[TD]TUCSON, AZ[/TD]
[TD]65,252
[/TD]
[TD]TITLE (Title #:002G009231018)[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last renewal was May of last year:
[TABLE="class: report listing, width: 871"]
[TD]05/06/2014[/TD]
[TD]AZ[/TD]
[TD]69,000
[/TD]
[TD]Independent Emission Source[/TD]
[TD]PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]05/07/2014[/TD]
[TD]TUCSON, AZ[/TD]
[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

It seems to me that your next step is to contact the AZ DMV to see if you can do a lookup on the VIN or registration.

Cheers,
Ian

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like you can do a title search in AZ using the following URL:

https://servicearizona.com/motorVehicleRecord

Select "Title and Registration Motor Vehicle Record"
Cost is $3

Will get you the following:

• current vehicle information on your vehicle
  • current vehicle record information for registration, title, owner, lien holder and vehicle status information (such as restrictions)

Cheers,
Ian

Awesome Info Ian,
Thank you Very Much, I will jump on it now and see if I can get a name / owner.
I'll let you know if it provides the Owner info ... if so, The Reward is yours! Thx:biggrin:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Boy,

Just checked it out and it made me feel like I had Criminal Intent..... Clearly stated that I had to be the Current
Owner or The Company that Owned it Authorized me to Request this Record or I was Violating the Law.

Going to have to think about this one.....If I was a bit younger I might not care...LOL! Penalty might not reach /
be Harsh in Canada, you sure you don't want me just to send you $103.00? Ha Ha! See Below:

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): (more info...)

Select either Individual or Company and fill in the information:

Information entered MUST be entered as it currently appears on your ARIZONA Driver License/Customer Number or Company Customer Number for the requested VEHICLE record.

Individual
Customer/AZ Driver License Number: (more info...)
or

First: Middle: Last: Suffix: (none) Sr. Jr. I II III IV V

Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY): / /
Mailing ZIP Code (for Customer/AZ Driver License Number or Name listed above):

I certify that I am one of the owners listed on the motor vehicle record for the vehicle record being requested.
Unauthorized access is strictly prohibited..

Company

Customer Number: (more info...)
and
Company Name:
Mailing ZIP Code:

I certify that I am authorized by the above company to request this company's vehicle record.

Unauthorized access is strictly prohibited..

Last edited:
Just curious as to what you plan to do when you find your car? I've always wondered what happened to my yellow 1990 CRX si that I bought new back in 1990 and sold in 1994. Last CarFax had it in Florida. I think if I found it I'd try and buy it back. Are you going to make the owner an offer he can't refuse? ;)

Whoops, sorry about that. I didn't get that far into the search to see those restrictions.
No Worries Brother....

An active Tuscon spotting thread--ask these guys. Just what the doctor ordered:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/122163-Official-Tucson-spotting-thread
Great idea, thank you.... I will post there too!

Just curious as to what you plan to do when you find your car? I've always wondered what happened to my yellow 1990 CRX si that I bought new back in 1990 and sold in 1994. Last CarFax had it in Florida. I think if I found it I'd try and buy it back. Are you going to make the owner an offer he can't refuse? ;)
It looks like they may have only put 4000 more miles on the car since he purchased it in 2009.
Depending upon it's current condition, I would definitely make him a Fair offer and go from there.

As for my plans if it returns to me.... I've always had it in the back of my mind, how Sweet it would
look with an 02 Conversion and some mild engine and tastful exterior mods / returnable to OEM.

CASE CLOSED / My Old Girl was LOCATED!!!

CASE CLOSED!

Thanks again to the NSX Prime Detective Team! What an amazing group of enthusiasts!
Special thanks to ENT for his contribution as he will receive the $100 Reward as Promised!

After many phone calls and emails over the past weeks, I finally spoke with the owner
last night and this morning. He's not selling at this time but will let me know when the
time comes and he's ready to part with her.

In the mean time I will send him all of the stuff that I had found for it.

Thanks again!

Terry

Awesome! Be sure to update this thread if you ever are able to buy it back from him!

Less than a 1 month turn around - that is impressive!

Indeed these guys around here are Amazing, 3 weeks was quicker than I thought it would be to locate an NSX I parted with 12 Years ago!

Awesome! Be sure to update this thread if you ever are able to buy it back from him!

Will do and I'll definitely be posting / updating if we ever arrive at a deal in the Future!

That is awesome that the car was found. We do have a great group of internet sleuths here.

That is awesome that the car was found. We do have a great group of internet sleuths here.

Indeed! Another one Located as we Speak!

Your car is in Arlington, Texas

Awesome! I'm sure that Bear is happy to receive any info.

@ Bear,
I'm not far from Arlington should you make contact with the current owner and make a deal.
I'd be glad to swing by and check it out for ya:)

CASE CLOSED!

Thanks again to the NSX Prime Detective Team! What an amazing group of enthusiasts!
Special thanks to ENT for his contribution as he will receive the $100 Reward as Promised!

After many phone calls and emails over the past weeks, I finally spoke with the owner
last night and this morning. He's not selling at this time but will let me know when the
time comes and he's ready to part with her.

In the mean time I will send him all of the stuff that I had found for it.

Thanks again!

Terry

Congrats, Terry. Half the battle is completed. :)

Dave

Congrats on finding the car! Was it in Tucson as you had figured? If so, it would have been great to put the owner in touch with us Tucson folks! Trying to get a group together down here and maybe even have a meetup soon.

Congrats, Terry. Half the battle is completed. :)

Dave

Thanks Dave, Indeed half way there..... Now it's just patience / time to wait.
I sent him off the Valet Key and Docs that I had for it.

Congrats on finding the car! Was it in Tucson as you had figured? If so, it would have been great to put the owner in touch with us Tucson folks! Trying to get a group together down here and maybe even have a meetup soon.

Thank you! I told him about Prime and the Region Area so he could check it out.

Back